Chapter 49 Game OvEr

Footsteps of people walking by. Typing on a keyboard. Doors opening and closing. People talking quietly to each other. That is all that can be heard by Monroe, Estella, Ariella, Ericca, and Vanessa. Police officers. People being questioned. White walls. The concerned look of their parents. Is all the liars see when they aren't looking at the floor.

The door flies open and in runs Laura, Aaron, and Sparrow. Vanessa, Ericca, and Ariella get up and hug them. "You ok man" Aaron asks sitting next to Monroe. Monroe shrugs, "As good as I can be I guess." "Ok what gives, you should be happy" Laura asks, "You all are acting like something bad happened." "You wouldn't understand unless you were there" Ariella says. "Ok, then enlighten us" Sparrow says, "What exactly happened after you five ran out of prom?"

"We all got a text from E and we went outside to try and find them" Ariella says, "And I saw E running into the woods." "Monroe then ran after E while I called my dad" Ericca says, "Monroe eventually managed to get E." "They started fighting and then E pulled a gun on Monroe" Vanessa says, "That's when Toby showed up." "Toby arrested E and that's when we arrived" Estella says, "We walked over to Monroe and hugged her. Monroe then walked over to E and pulled off their hoodie to see who E was."

Monroe walks over to E and pulls back the hood. Monroe stumbles back and falls to the ground when she sees who E is. "No" Monroe whispers. Everyone is in shock. "Oh my god" Vanessa says, "E is-" "Why" Ariella says. "This can't be right" Estella says. "E is..." Monroe whispers, "E is...oh my god."

Toby grabs E and pulls them up. They walk off and the liars watch Toby lead E off. "What the hell" Ericca says. "This doesn't add up" Ariella says. "Its E we are talking about here" Estella says, "Did anything ever make any sense?" "No...not really" Vanessa says. "Why" Monroe asks. "Who knows" Ariella says. Monroe gets up and starts walking. "Where are you going" Ariella asks. "To get some answers that we all deserve" Monroe replies. Estella, Ariella, Ericca, and Vanessa follow Monroe.

"We have been here ever sense" Monroe says. "So, who was E" Laura asks. They hear footsteps and look over. Monroe points at the person in cuffs being led to a room. Aaron, Sparrow, and Laura are shocked. "No......" Aaron says. "Oh my god" Sparrow says. E looks at them and then is lead off. It is quiet for a few seconds. "I say we all go to my cabin" Aaron says, "To celebrate." "It's a school night" Ariella says. "Live a little babe" Aaron says, "Its finally over, that calls for a celebration."

"I'm in" Monroe says. "You of all people need to go to school" Ariella says. "Come on Ariella" Estella says, "We are graduating in a matter of weeks. We have to make the most of these remaining weeks." "Free food and alcohol" Vanessa says, "I'm in." "What are we waiting for" Ericca asks, "Lets go." They all get up and head to Aaron's cabin. Once they all arrive, Aaron hands everyone a drink, accept for Monroe who grabs a soda. "I'd like to propose a toast" Aaron says, "To the end of E." "To freedom" Monroe says. "To no more looking behind our backs" Estella says. "To no more threats" Ericca says. "To no more text" Vanessa says. "To no more secrets being used against us" Ariella says. "To the end E's reign of terror" Laura says. "To it finally being over" Sparrow says.

"Here's to a as normal senior year as possible" Monroe says. "Cheers" everyone says and takes a drink. The rest of the night is filled with laughter, talking, drinking, and new memories being made. "I know why" Monroe says suddenly waking up and startling Estella. "It's too early for whatever your talking about" Estella says trying to go back to sleep. "Just help me wake up everyone" Monroe says. "Fine" Estella says. Monroe walks to Aaron's room and opens the door. "Shit" Monroe yells covering her eyes. "Dude" Aaron yells. "Why is it always me" Monroe asks. "What the hell Monroe" Ariella says. "Like I wanted to see my sister and best friend naked in bed" Monroe says. "What is so important that you barged into my room" Aaron asks. "I know why" Monroe says and walks off.