Chapter 30 B-26

Estella, Ericca, Vanessa, and Ariella just stare at their phones in disbelief. Vanessa says, "E went there." Ericca says, "I can't believe E went there." Ariella says, "E is a monster." Estella says, "I can't wait for the day we figure out who E is and she he it gets what's coming." They all look at each other and their anger vanishes. They group hugs and just cry. Ariella says, "I'm going to miss her even though she always copied my work." Vanessa asks, "Now who is going to do dumb crazy shit with me?" Ericca asks, "Now who am I going to be able to talk to and understand what I'm going through?" Estella mutters, "I never got to say thank you to Monty."

Monroe and Estella just graduated. They are walking out of the auditorium and heading back to the classroom to grab their things and then meeting their parents at the cars. Monroe says, "We did it. We are officially middle schoolers." Estella giggles and says, "We sure are." They round the corner talking about what they are going to do all summer. When they then hear an alarm go off. Monroe grabs Estella's arm and drags her into the classroom and locks the door. Monroe grabs Estella's hand once again and brings her to the back of the classroom. She opens one of the cabinet doors and ushers for Estella to get in.

"What about you" Estella asks. "I'll find another place to hide. I want to make sure that your safe" Monroe says. Estella crawls in. Monroe goes to close the door, but Estella pulls Monroe for a quick kiss. Monroe closes the door and looks for a place to hide. Monroe hears someone trying to open the door. Monroe quickly hides under the teacher's desk. A gun shot can be heard and then the door opens. Two guys walk in and start searching the classroom. One of them walks over to where Estella is hiding. Monroe crawls out and grabs something from the teacher's desk.

It happens to be the stapler. Right before the guy opens the door, Monroe throws the stapler at him and runs off. "What the" the guy says. Monroe runs at the other guy and pushes him. They guy cries out in surprise and ends up falling into a few desks, causing a domino effect. Monroe runs out of the classroom with one of the guys hot on her trail and the other one pushing desk off of him. "Don't let him get away" the guy yells and runs out of the room. The guy right on Monroe's trail ends up tackling Monroe into a window. The second guy finally catches up to them and roughly picks up Monroe by the arm. He quickly looks over Monroe and says, "Nothing serious just a scratch across your right eye. Let's go."

Once the two guys and Monroe have been gone for a few minutes, Estella crawls out and runs out to find her mom's. She makes it to the parking lot when Emily sees her, and Emily runs to her. Alison, Spencer, and Toby are not far behind. Alison asks, "What happened?" Estella says, "We heard the alarm and hid in the classroom. They must have found Monroe and ran after her." Toby pulls his gun out runs off. A few minutes later a few cop cars pull in, along with an ambulance. A few minutes later, there are several gun shots and at this point Estella is crying hysterically in Emily's shoulder. Emily says, "Don't worry uncle Toby has it under control, Monroe will be ok." A minute later Toby walks over and says, "Monroe will be ok, she just has a nasty cut down the middle of her right eyes."

Ariella asks, "What are we gonna do now?" Vanessa says, "We have to tell the police, everything." All their phones go off. 'Tell the police about me and your secrets won't be secrets anymore. -E' Ariella asks, "How are we going to do that without also explaining E?" "Can you guys not have another argument" Estella asks. Vanessa says, "Estella is right." "Sorry" Ariella says, "And sorry about Monroe, I know you two had a special bond." Ericca, Vanessa, and Ariella wrap Estella in a hug as she cries. "Why is everyone sad and crying" they hear from behind them.

All of their faces break out into a smile and they turn around. They see Monroe standing there soaking wet covered in mud, leaves, and twigs smiling. "What" Monroe asks raising an eyebrow, "You think I died?" They just stare at Monroe and Monroe chuckles. "It's going to take a lot more than that to kill me off" Monroe says smiling and the girls just stare at her. Her smile falters and she asks, "Too soon?" "Monty" Estella says smiling. She runs to Monroe and jumps into her arms. Monroe catches her and holds her tight. Estella whispers, "Thank you for everything Monty." "I'd do anything for you El" Monroe says. Estella starts to cry in Monroe's shoulder and says, "I-I thought th-that-t I l-lo-st you." Monroe whispers to Estella, "Never. You will never loose me." Estella whispers, "Promise?" Monroe whispers, "Promise."