Chapter 24 DEcisions

The final bell of the day rings and they walk to their lockers. "I still can't believe you didn't ask for my help. I could have helped you, I do know a thing or two" Ariella says. Vanessa says, "I said I was sorry, jeez." Estella says, "We get it, Vanessa is a blonde and Ariella is a know it all. Moving on." "Hey" Vanessa and Ariella say. "I am not a blonde" Vanessa says. "And I'm not a know it all" Ariella says. Estella says, "Could have fooled me." "Alright you three" Monroe says, "We are all friends here." Estella, Vanessa, and Ariella nod their heads and drop it.

"Anyways" Monroe says, "What did Laura say?" Vanessa replies, "No guarantees, she will see what she can do. Did you know that she charges for her services? She also said that it will take a few days." "I would have done it for free and in a day" Ariella says. Monroe says, "Hold that thought." Monroe walks up to Laura. "Hey" Monroe says. "Can I help you" Laura asks. "On the contrary" Monroe says, "You can. You see, you have my friend over theirs phone. She needs it by the end of the school day tomorrow." "She'll get it as soon as I finish the job, whenever that may be" Laura says. "Glad we are on the same page, good talk" Monroe says while taking Laura's hand.

"Hey" Laura says, "I didn't agree-" Laura stops mid-sentence when she feels something in the palm of her hand. Monroe says quietly, "That's triple what you asked for." Monroe lets go of Laura's hand. Laura discreetly counts the money and slides it in her pocket. "Well" Monroe asks. "Ok" Laura says looking at Monroe, "Looks like my schedule just cleared up and I have some extra time." Monroe nods at Laura and walks back to Estella, Ericca, Vanessa, and Ariella. Monroe says, "You will have your phone by the end of the school day tomorrow." Vanessa asks, "How did you convince her to do that?" Monroe answers, "I have my ways."

"Can we talk" Kayla asks walking up to Monroe. "I think that would be a good idea, we have to discuss something" Monroe says. Estella raises her eye brow and Monroe just smiles at Estella. Monroe gets everything she needs from her locker and says, "Bye, I'll see you guys tomorrow." Estella, Vanessa, Ariella, and Ericca say, "Bye Monroe, see you tomorrow." Monroe and Kayla walk to Monroe's car and they get in. Monroe says, "Look, I really like you and-" Monroe stops talking Kayla hands her something. She looks at what Kayla handed her and sees that it is the pictures from the photo booth. Monroe smiles and says, "You found them. Damn, we look good."

Kayla says, "If this is your idea of a joke, it isn't funny." Monroe looks confused and asks, "What are you talking about? Your showing me the pictures, how is this a joke?" "You snatched the photos before I saw them and then put them in my chemistry book as some kind of joke" Kayla says. Monroe says, "No I didn't and for the record, I wouldn't do something like that. I honestly thought the machine ran out of paper. It looks like someone took the photos by accident and was just returning the photos to you anonymously." Kayla says, "Someone saw these." Monroe looks confused and asks, "So. What's the big deal? Why are you freaking out? Who cares if someone saw the photos, it's not like it the end of the world." Monroe studies Kayla for a second before realization dawns on her face. Monroe asking, "Wait, are you... still in the closet?"

"It's complicated" Kayla says. Monroe sighs and says, "Look, if you need time or space or something else, I'll give it to you." Kayla's head snaps up and she looks at Monroe. "Really? You would really do that for me" Kayla asks. "Yes, I'm willing to do what you need because I really do like you" Monroe says, "I wasn't kidding when I said that I really liked you." Kayla smiles and Monroe gives her a smile. Kayla pulls Monroe into a hug and says, "Thank you Monroe." "No problem" Monroe says. Kayla steps out of Monroe's car and walks off. Monroe watches Kayla walk to her car, get in, and drive off. Monroe's phone vibrates, and Monroe checks it. 'It's not nice to keep secrets from people that you love. I wonder how Estella would feel if she saw these. Kisses -E' Monroe clicks on the attachment and sees the photos from the party. Monroe groans and lets forehead fall on steering wheel. "Of course" Monroe says, "I should have known E had something to do with that."