Chapter 42 El...Are You Asleep

"No, that's not possible" Ariella says. "How is that even possible" Ericca asks. "Why are you asking me" Monroe asks, "I didn't have any control over this." Estella asks, "What are you going to do?" "First get tested to make sure E isn't lying" Monroe says, "And then tell him that he is my dad if the test come back positive." "How are you going to get tested" Vanessa asks, "Doesn't he oh I don't know kinda have to come with you." "Well technically yes, but there are ways around that" Monroe says. Melody says, "Not unless your E." "Not necessarily" Monroe says, "My last name is McCullers." "No" Vanessa says, "Your last name is Cook."

"And you call me the dumb one" Monroe says, "As I have said before, my real name is Monroe McCullers, but my parents thought it would be better if I went by Monroe Cook which works out perfectly because I would rather be known as Monroe Cook than Monroe McCullers." "So" Vanessa says. Monroe, Estella, Ericca, Ariella, and Melody look at each other. Monroe throws her hands in the air. "I give up" Monroe says and walks out. "Are you sure you're not a blonde Vanessa" Ariella asks. "Yes" Vanessa says, "Why?" "Never mind" Ariella says, "You guys want to hang out at my house?" Everyone says yes. Estella lets Monroe know where they will be. A few hours later Monroe meets Vanessa, Melody, Ariella, Ericca, and Estella at Ariella's house with the test results.

"Well" Estella asks as soon as Monroe walks into Ariella's bedroom. Monroe hands her the test results. "So, it is true" Melody says. Ericca says, "Test are wrong sometimes." Monroe hands them two more test results. "I had them run it three times to make sure" Monroe says. "And every single time it was confirmed" Ericca says looking at the three results. "Now it is time to meet my family" Monroe says. "What are you going to say" Ariella asks. "I am going to take these tests results and say you are my dad" Monroe says, "Caleb."

"What" Hanna says. They all look behind them and see Hanna and very shocked Caleb standing in the door way. "Oh damn" Ericca says. "Shit is going to go down" Vanessa says. Monroe stands up. "I'm your kid" Monroe says awkwardly, "Er...Caleb's kid." "You must be mistaken Monroe" Hanna says, "We only have two kids, Tiffany and Ariella." Monroe says, "Caleb donated some sperm which got my mom pregnant with me." Monroe hands them the tests results. Caleb and Hanna look at the tests results and an awkward silence falls over everyone.

After a minute Monroe says, "If you two don't want me to be part of the family, I completely understand." Caleb gives Hanna a look. "It's just that all my life I dreamed of the moment that I would finally meet my dad" Monroe says, "But I'll leave." Monroe goes to leave when Hanna says, "Monroe, wait. Can you give me and Caleb a minute?" "Yeah" Monroe says. Hanna and Caleb walk out of the room. They all look at each other before Vanessa and Melody walk out of the room. "What are you two doing" Ariella asks. Ericca says, "It doesn't take a genius to figure out what they are doing." Monroe, Estella, Ericca, and Ariella walk out of Ariella's room and see Melody and Vanessa at the top of the steps.

They see Caleb and Hanna below. Hanna is pacing and Caleb is just standing there. "Hanna" Caleb says, "Your blowing this out of proportion." "I'm blowing this out of proportions" Hanna asks, "Dammit Caleb! Not only do you have another kid, but it is with a completely different women." Caleb says, "Technically-" "Don't you technically me" Hanna says. "Your acting like I cheated on you and created a whole other family" Caleb says. "Well in a sense you did" Vanessa whispers. "Vanessa" Everyone else whispers. "Well you did" Hanna says. "No I didn't" Caleb says, "I just helped to start a family." Hanna gives him a look. "Just stop talking dad" Ariella says. "Wait" Caleb says, "I take that back."

"You are unbelievable Caleb" Hanna says as soon as Tiffany and Xavi walk in. "Is this a bad time" Tiffany asks. "Give me and your dad a minute" Hanna says, "We will finish this talk later, for now we have to figure out what we are going to do about Monroe." "What did Monroe do" Tiffany asks. "Nothing bad" Hanna says. "We have to tell her Han" Caleb says, "She is involved in this." "What involves me" Tiffany asks. "That apparently you have another sixteen-year-old sister" Hanna says. "Dad cheated on you" Tiffany asks. "No" Caleb says, "I donated some sperm and the kid that was created with my sperm came to us today."