Chapter 26 Heart BreakEr

The girls made sure Monroe was in the car and they did a quick sweep of the barn, but didn't see anything but the car. They checked the car, but didn't find anything. After they finished looking around, they left and decided to have a sleep over at Ericca's barn. They are currently in the barn eating pizza and watching a movie. Vanessa is sitting on the floor, Ariella and Ericca are sitting on one of the couches, and Estella and Monroe are sitting on the other couch. Vanessa, Ericca, Ariella, and Estella had asked Monroe why she left while driving to the barn, but Monroe remained silent.

Estella whispers to Monroe, "Why did you do it Monty?" Monroe whispers back, "I'd rather not say at the time. I will tell you guys eventually." Vanessa shushes them. Monroe shushes Vanessa back. Vanessa glares at Monroe and Monroe smiles back. Estella just giggles. "Ok, seriously be quiet" Ericca says. "Some of us are actually watching the movie" Ariella says. "Well I'm bored. I told you four I didn't want to watch a chick flick" Monroe says. "Grow and pair and deal with it" Vanessa says, "Oh wait." Estella, Ariella, and Ericca start laughing. "Ha ha" Monroe says, "That is SO funny." "It is" says Vanessa. Monroe smirks and shakes head.

The girls wake up late and just make it to school on time. The school day flies by. After school, the girls go their separate ways. Ariella goes home to do homework and study for a test. Ericca goes to the police station to talk to her dad. Estella and Vanessa dragged Monroe to the mall, to pick out a tux for the dance and for last minute shopping. Monroe groans and asks, "Is this necessary?" "Yes" Vanessa and Estella say. After multiple stores and six hours, they are leaving. "I am never going shopping with you two again" Monroe says. Vanessa says, "It wasn't that bad." Monroe says, "Yes it was, that was torture."

Two Days Later

Monroe is the first to arrive at the dance and waits for everyone else. Ariella and Samuel are next to arrive. They walk in and claim a table. Laura and Vanessa arrive ten minutes later, followed by Ericca and Helen. "Looking sharp" Ericca says. Ariella says, "They did a good job." Monroe says, "Thanks. You guys look nice to." Laura asks, "Want to dance?" Vanessa phone goes off. 'Starting off slow, $100 for a dance with Monroe. -E' Vanessa says, "I feel bad for Monroe, she came here alone." Laura says, "Ok." "Want to dance Monroe" Vanessa asks. Monroe looks in between Laura and Vanessa. "Its cool Monroe" Laura says. "Alright" Monroe says.

Monroe and Vanessa walk to the dance floor. Samuel asks, "Want to dance?" "Sure" Ariella says. Ariella and Samuel join Monroe and Vanessa on the dance floor. Ericca goes and gets drinks. The song ends and Monroe, Vanessa, Samuel, and Ariella join Laura, Ericca, and Helen at the table. Vanessa asks, "So who did you ask to the dance Monroe?" Monroe is starring at something to her right with her mouth open. "Monroe" Vanessa says and snaps her fingers, "Hello." Monroe continues to ignore Vanessa and stare off. Vanessa says, "Rude." Ariella asks, "What is she even starring at?"

The rest of the group looks at where Monroe is looking and sees Estella standing in the door way and Jake standing right behind her. Vanessa says, "It's just Estella and Jake." "Wow..." Monroe whispers. Estella and Jake walk over and join them. Everyone greets each other and Monroe can't take her eyes off Estella. When Estella gives Monroe a hug, Monroe says, "You look...your so...wow." Estella giggles and says, "You don't look half bad either." "Well I did have help, so I can't take any of the credit" Monroe says, "Thanks by the way." Estella says, "No problem." Another song starts to play. Jake asks, "Want to dance?" Estella says, "I'd love to." The walk to the dance floor. Ericca looks at Helen and raises an eye brow. Helen drags Ericca onto the dance floor. Laura asks, "Now can I have that dance?" Vanessa phone goes off. 'Let's play a game. $300 to dance with Monroe. -E' "One more dance with Monroe" Vanessa says, "Come on Monroe." "This is my last dance with you" Monroe says.