Jealousy: Part One

"Big sister!"

Hanabi calls to Hinata fairly early in the morning, as Hinata was cleaning some dishes in the sink from their breakfast.

"Yes, Hanabi?" she answered, expecting her little sister's typical games and teasing.

"You have a visitor!" she exclaims, practically singing the words with a girlish wink. Hinata dropped the dish into the sink, as it clanged against the bottom. She was surprised to say the least, as her eyes flickered. Naruto has come here...? For what? she wondered, feeling her face sting. He had never come to knock on her door before...

"Can you finish up here?"

"Ugh, I guess so..." Hanabi groaned, sulking over to the sink in Hinata's stead. As she reached the door, she opened it to see-

Not Naurto at all; but Kiba. Even more confused than before, she perched her head to the side. On top of that he seemed upset.

"Kiba...?" she questioned. "What's the matter?"

"I-it's Akamaru." He spoke with a frown, while looking away a bit frantically. "He hurt his paw while we were training, and Shino is off speaking with Iruka sensei, and..." he trails off. Hinata immediately felt concern for Akamaru, and Kiba, and could sense that he needed some moral support and was unsure of who to turn to.

"What? is he okay?"

Kiba stops his sentence in surprise by her concern. It was pleasant surprise, though he'd really expect no less. That's why he'd come to her in the first place, he reminded himself.

"Come on, let's go to him!" She says, taking Kiba by the hand and pulling him along. He blinks a few times in clarification, before hurrying along with her.

Meanwhile, Naruto had been walking down the street, twirling a flower in his hand. He looked down at it, fondly. He wouldn't admit that he was walking past the Hyuga complex to maybe catch Hinata coming out for the morning, and surprise her with the pretty little thing. And surely enough, to his luck he thought, She was coming around the corner – but she wasn't alone.

Unrealizing, Hinata bumps into Naruto shoulder, crushing the flower and sending the petals falling to the ground. She was in such a hurry, that she hadn't noticed the thing in his hand at all.

"Oh, Naruto." She squeaked, as Naruto clutched his arm mostly in confusion. She gave a bow of the head. "I'm sorry, but we're in a hurry!" she said apologetically before rushing off with Kiba right behind her. The blonde-haired shinobi couldn't get another word in, and so he bent down the pick up the petal pieces, and looked over his shoulder.

"What was that all about?" he muttered to himself a little disappointedly, taking instant notice to the fact that she had his hand in her grasp.

--