Memories: Part One

After a fairly simple mission as an escort to the land of waves, Hinata and her usual mission partners, Shino, Kiba, and Akamaru, return to the village in the middle of the night.

"We should have just set up camp and returned in the morning

"We should have just set up camp and returned in the morning." Shino says calmly, though it's clear that he's making a complaint. "When we're tired, we're at our weakest...it's too easy to be overcome by enemies."

"Ah, relax, would ya Shino?" Kiba brushes off his concerns. "We made it back, didn't we? And we were so close to the village, it kind of seemed pointless."

"In any event, I'm headed home to sleep." Shino shrugged, not caring too much about the topic anymore. He was used to Kiba's care free attitude, and he was right. Everything was fine, after all. With those final words, he bid his goodbyes, and hurried off to his home.

"Yeah, we should be getting home too." Kiba said next to his female comrade. "You need an escort home or anything, Hinata?" he inquired, as Akamaru nuzzled her hip.

"I should be just fine, Kiba. But thank you for offering." She gave a thankful dip of her head.

"Suit yourself! See ya!" he concluded, racing off with Akamaru with inexplicable energy. Hinata sighed. She had to admit, she was awfully tired, and awfully glad to be back in the village. She missed her home and her bed, her friends, and her hobbies – and also a particular knucklehead....

 She missed her home and her bed, her friends, and her hobbies – and also a particular knucklehead

She began on her way home, making her way through the quite streets of sleeping Konoha. Everything looked so different in the dead of night...no lights, no people, no sounds...just the eerie blowing of the wind, and a flickering street light here and there. Some might call it peaceful...though for some reason or another, she didn't quite feel at peace...she felt more so on edge. It wasn't the feeling of being alone. It was the feeling that...someone was watching her...

Without seeming too startled or alarmed, She activated her Byakugan to view her surroundings without the distortion of buildings, night time darkness, and disguises. Giving a turn around, she saw nothing behind her but the gates in the distance. Upon turning around, however, a hand was slipped over her mouth.

"mm!" a muffled protest came from her. With a skillful spin, she was able to break free from the assailants hold, and face them. It was a man with a thick and long dark beard whom she hadn't recognized. She quickly viewed their hidden mist headband...could this person have followed her from the land of waves...?