Chapter 1

"LUKE, THAT IS IT I'VE HAD ENOUGH!" Mother yelled as we walked into the house. " You are going to apologize to Mrs. Hampton and then you're packing your bags."

"Wait what?" I snapped back. "You can't kick me out it's not legal."

"I'm not." My mother replied rolling her eyes. "Your Grandfather has agreed to take you in for a while and straighten you up and if you even dare to complain remember your other option." She growled out giving me one of her death glare.

I shot a glare back before stomping my way up to my room. My combat boots made it louder which then caused my mother to yell at me again. 

I slammed the door to my room and turned on my stereo playing it as loud as it would go so I didn't have to hear her annoying voice anymore. Once I got over to my bed I fell back onto it letting out a loud growl. I was sick of her and I was sick of this damn place.

I laid there staring up at the ceiling thinking about how things used to be before Jackson left. A few minutes in thought I began to get pissed. I stood up and took my leather jacket off an threw it somewhere in the room. As it hit I heard something fall to the floor with it. Turning around to check it out I noticed it was a picture of Jackson and I. I had laid it down in the corner of my dresser, I didn't want to get rid of it but I couldn't stand looking at the prick in the picture. I walked over and picked it up before throwing it into my closet causing glass to shatter. I took a deep breath and walked over falling back onto my bed listening to the sound of American Idiot blasting through the speakers.

"Wake Up!" My mother yelled throwing something onto my bed.

"Go away." I growled.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that." My mother snapped.

She usually calmed down with in a couple hours but this time she seemed to be holding onto some anger this time.

"Oh I'm sorry maybe I'll stop being a dick when you stop being a bitch."  I replied sitting up.

"I'll be glad when your gone." My mother spat out before she walked out of my room and down the hall to hers. Somewhere along the way she yelled back telling me my grandfather was going to be here in an hour.  My chest hurt a little from my mothers words. I didn't care what she thought of me ever so why did that hurt? I even knew she didn't mean it. Yet I knew she didn't mean it. Quite often I've heard her crying on the phone to my grandfather about her being worried about me and so many other things.  I mean if she didn't care about me she wouldn't have bailed me out of jail last night. I just laughed and looked to the end of my bed at the suitcase that she had packed for me.

I just laughed and pushed it to the floor sitting back on my bed. She
A nit making me leave. She's not capable. 

I sat on my bed and listened to some music while I began drawing. As I sat there drawing someone knocked on my door.

"What?" I growled.

" that is no way to talk to me young man." My grandfather said walking into my room. "And definitely not your mother."

"You weren't invited in." I spat back not even bothering to look up from my drawing book.

"Look young man. Your mother may take this but I sure as hell won't. You'll be living under my roof and you'll be respectful along with good or else. Now grab your bags and say goodbye to your mother and get your ass in the car." His voice was firm yet still soft due to him being an older man.  Knowing that it was pointless to argue with him I got up and grabbed my bag and my leather jacket before walking downstairs. I wasn't going to say bye to my mother. If she wanted to she could come to me.  I walked out to where my grandfathers old rusted pick up truck was sitting in the drive way in front of the garage. I threw my things into the back and sat in the front seat and put some earbuds in hitting shuffle on my phone letting music play.

"But don't you wanna see the world, boy
All the countries and the stars, boy
Just don't look them in the eyes, boy
You just gotta take their lives, boy
Let me take you for a drive, boy
Oh I swear you'll feel alive, boy

All you gotta do is trust that I'm being true
And do it for the people who love you

Let's go have fun, you and me in the old Jeep
Ride around town with our rifles on the front seat
Fun, you and me in the Middle East"
As the song played I couldn't help but recall the memories that came with it. They where good, but had become sad for I longed to be back to those times but I couldn't. I shook my head as tears began to fill my eyes. As quickly as the tears began to form they went away turning to anger.

Annoyed with waiting I reached over and began beeping the horn. I wasn't excited by going by any means, but I wasn't going to wait around all because they want to talk themselves to death.
After what seemed like forever my grandfather came out to the truck.

"Listen hot head. You need to calm down and begin growing up. Be respectful and stay out of trouble. If you do that you and I will get along. If you don't I will make your life hell." He growled as he started the truck.

"Whatever." I put my earbuds back in and rested my head against the window as he began to drive.

The drive to his house was long, boring and annoying. He insisted on running all the rules by me. Twice.  I have to go to church with him and grandma every Sunday, Volunteer in helping clean up Sunday evenings, Go to dinner with him and grandma to their friends house, chores, and somewhere after that I zoned out. Once we got to the house I grabbed my things and tried my best to go upstairs, but was stopped by grandmother and forced into a very long hug.

"You've gotten so big." She said as she held onto me by my shoulders and looked me over. "I know with staying with us will be good for you. I love your mother to death but she has to much on her plate."

"Look. I'm really tired so I'm gonna go upstairs. Wake me when this summers over." I moved out of her grip and began to head up the stairs.

"He used to be such a good boy." I heard my grandmother say to my grandfather as I walked off.