Chapter 15

*4 Days Later *

"Luke we have to go." My grandmother yelled from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled grabbing the rest of my stuff I needed. I was excited for dinner tonight I hadn't seen Ashton since he was over for breakfast the other day. We had been texting when we could but his dad has been keeping him really busy.
I I grabbed my stuff and ran down stairs.

"I'll be in the car." I practically yelled as I ran out to the car.
After a few minutes of sitting in the car my grandparents got to the car and began driving towards the Irwin house.

"You seem excited to be going to dinner." My grandmother said from the passenger seat.

"Yeah. Ashton and I have become pretty good friends and I haven't gotten to talk to him lately and I kind of wanted to show him something. No big deal." I shrugged.

"Ah ok. That's good Ashton is a very good kid. I'm glad you're friends. Isn't it good Adam?" My grandmother said looking over to my grandfather.

"Yes dear it's good." He replied not really caring at all.

After a few more minutes we pulled up outside of the Irwin's. My heart began to beat faster with excitement.
We went and knocked on the door and soon there after Mrs Irwin opened and let us in.
She told me Ashton was upstairs and then took my grandparents into the other room.
Quickly I went upstairs and knocked on Ashton's door.

"Come in." Ashton said.
When I opened the door Ashton was sitting on the bed reading a book.
"Luke!" Ashton said starting to get up as I closed the door.

"Hey." I smiled widely and walked over cupping his face with my hands before kissing him. "I've missed you."

"I missed you too."

I smiled and kissed him again slowly. It felt good to finally feel his lips against mine again, and his body against mine.

"My parents could come up here." Ashton said quietly. "We'd get in trouble."

"There busy." I replied kissing him again. "Besides we can hear if anyone starts coming upstairs."

"Ok." Ashton replied kissing me again. "Promise?"

"Of course." I replied smiling.
After a few minutes Ashton rested his head against my chest and just relaxed into me.
"Everything ok Ash?" I asked kissing his head.

"Yeah just tired and I miss you." He replied wrapping his arms around me.

"Promise that's it?"

"I promise that's it Luke." Ashton replied wrapping his arms around me.

"Ok baby." I smiled kissing his head.

After a few more minutes of hugging him we both sat on his bed and talked for a little while. I showed him a couple pictures I had drawn over the past couple days and he had me listen to some new songs he had found.

"I wish we could do this more often." Ashton said holding his pillow.

"Me too." I replied smiling at him.

"Hey Luke?" Ashton said quietly.

"Yeah Ash?" I replied.

"I wanna leave here." He said quietly.

"What do you mean?" I asked a little worried.

"I wanna leave this town. I want to leave this house. I just want to leave." He replied snuggling into his pillow.

"You mean like runaway?" I asked very confused by what exactly he was trying to say.

"I guess yeah." He replied quietly.

"Oh." Honestly of all things I never really expected Ashton wanted to run away. Sure he always talked about leaving this town but I figured he wanted to wait until he was older.
"How come?" I asked my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Just cause." Ashton replied holding his pillow close.

"You sure?" I asked smiling over at him with a caring,loving smile.

"Yes I'm sure." Ashton said giving me a small smile.

"Ashton dinner!" Ashton's mother yelled from downstairs.

"I guess we better head down there." Ashton said getting up from his bed straightening his clothes when he did so.

"yeah I guess so." I replied. Something seemed off with Ashton today and I wasn't quite sure what it was.
Before we headed downstairs I gave Ashton a quick kiss hoping maybe that if there was something else it would help remind him that I'm here for him and that I love him.

Most of he time dinner was quiet and a little awkward. Ashton and I would have stolen glances and occasionally a few touches under the table, but that was about it. That is until Mrs Irwin spoke up.

"Ashton your father and I have to go away for a week and the Hemmings have offered to let you stay with them." She spoke looking over to Ashton. I felt a huge swell of happiness take over my body and it was kind of hard to control it.

"I don't want to be a burden." Ashton said quietly.

"Ah child you could never be a burden. It would be a pleasure to have you staying with us." My grandmother said giving him a big smile.

"You sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure child." My grandmother smiled and patted his hand.

"When do I go?" Ashton asked looking over at his mother.

"You'll be going home with them tonight." Mrs Irwin replied. "So after dinner you need to go get ready ok?"

"Yes ma'am" Ashton replied giving her a small smile before going back to eating.

Once dinner was over Ashton and I went upstairs to pack some stuff for him.

"Ya know I've never stayed with anyone before." Ashton said quietly as he continued putting some stuff in his bag.

"Really?" I asked handing him the book he told me to  get.

"Yeah. I've never needed to before I've always stayed with mom and I never had any friends. So I've just never stayed anywhere else but here." Ashton replied shrugging.

"Well you're staying with me and I shall make it memorable for you." I replied smiling.

"Oh really?" Ashton laughed.

"Yup." I replied smiling cause I was finally able to make him laugh. 

"And how do you plan on doing that?" He laughed.

"You'll just have to wait and find out." I replied laughing.

"Oh ok." Ashton laughed.

After we finished packing his stuff I helped him take it down to the car. It was a lot of stuff for just a week but I wasn't going to complain. He needed some of his things and I was fine with that. Honestly I was just way to happy he was going to be staying with me.
Once we finished loading everything up Ashton went back in and said goodbye to his parents.
To my surprise it didn't take very long. He was out and waiting for my grandparents with me before I knew it.

"So what are we going to do over the course of this week?" Ashton asked sitting with me in the backseat waiting for my grandparents.

"Absolutely anything you want to." I replied smiling.

"Really?!" Ashton asked smiling.

"Really." I replied giving him a quick little kiss before anyone else came.

"I'm glad I get to spend this week with you." Ashton said quietly as my grandparents walked closer.

"Me too."