Chapter 4

"So are you going to get out of bed anytime soon?" Ashton asked looking over at me.

"Yeah I have to." I shrugged. "I have some work I have to do."

"ah ok. Well I'm going over to the diner to tutor someone if you get finished you should come by. Maybe we can hang out after?" Ashton asked as he stood up.

"Sounds like a plan." I replied giving him a smile.

"Alright I'll see after while." Ashton smiled and left.

I changed into a pair of my ripped jeans, and began walking downstairs. I had no idea what I was as supposed to do today, but somehow knowing I could spend time with Ashton afterwards made it seem worth it.

"It's about time you got up." My grandfather said as he was sitting down to eat his lunch.

"whatever." I replied rolling my eyes. "What is it I'm supposed to be doing?"

"Your going over to volunteer at a clean up at the park." My grandfather replied. "If you think you can bring it back in the condition it's in you can take the truck."

"Not like you could hurt it any." I muttered as I grabbed the keys and my jacket and headed out.

"be careful Luke." My grandmother hollered. " I love you."

I walked out to the truck and pulled out my phone putting in some earbuds and began driving to the park. It wasn't a long drive but I was going a little slower so I didn't get there to early.
Driving grandfather's truck, the car feeling the wind through my fingers, and with the music through my earbuds I felt relaxed for the first time in a while.
I never wanted it to end, but sadly I was coming upon the park, but much to my surprise the diner was right across the street.

"You must be Luke Hemmings." A girl about the same age as me wearing a yellow safety vest said walking over to me. "I'm Cassidy."

"Good to know I guess." I replied rolling my eyes. " think people are going to be able to see you? Maybe you need to put a bug led light above your head that says Look At Me!"

" ha. Ha make fun all you want but safety is important." She replied as she began to show me where I was supposed to work for the day.

"Because cleaning a park is so dangerous. " I mocked following her.

She didn't even respond to me after that she just gave me some stick to pick trash up with and walked away.
Once she was out of sight I set my stuff down and sat on a bench scrolling through my phone.

"You know the whole point of this is to work right?" The bitchy girl wearing the yellow vest said as she walked over putting her hands on her hips.

"You know the whole point of wearing a yellow vest is so people can see you to avoid you right?" I mocked back.

"Get up and do your share of this work now." She said stomping her foot.

"Oh look she put her foot down how cute." I replied looking up at her complete unamused. 

"If you don't want to be here why are you?" She replied trying to give me a death glare.

"Why don't you go over there and be the good girl you are and stay the he'll away from me." I replied causing her to growl and storm off.

Thankfully she took my advice and stayed away after that. I was really glad when time was up and I was allowed to leave not just cause I was done with this but I kind of wanted to see Ashton.

I walked over to the diner and looked around and saw Ashton was sitting in the back still tutoring someone, so I got a milk shake and sat in a booth that had a clear view of Ashton's table but not in a place it would be obvious I was watching him.
Great job Luke now your being a stalker. It's not creepy at all to be watching him. I shook my head and took out my phone and began scrolling through just to keep busy. Occasionally I would look up and check on Ashton, but not often enough to be obvious.

"Good milkshake?" A voice spoke.

"Uh yeah. It's great." I replied.

"Funny you haven't taken a drink of it." Ashton laughed sitting across from me.

"Oh um yeah." I laughed. "I didn't figure they'd just let me sit here do I ordered but then I decided I didn't want it."

"Mind if I have it then? I'll pay for it." Ashton replied.

"You can have it and don't worry about it. It's my treat." I replied smiling.

"Thanks." Ashton smiled widely and took the milkshake putting a straw in it beginning to drink it.

"So what do you wanna do?" I asked putting my phone away.

"I was thinking we could go watch the trains come in. That is if you want to." Ashton replied as he put his thumb in his mouth getting some whip cream off it.
I had to bite my tongue to stop a moan from coming along with the thoughts that instantly took over my mind.

"You ok?" Ashton asked looking over at me.

"Yup. Why?" I laughed.

"You where staring again that's all and you kind of looked uncomfortable." He replied finishing his milkshake.

"Oh, uh yeah it's nothing. Let's get started huh?" I asked getting up grabbing my jacket out of the seat.

"Yeah we better it's a long walk." Ashton replied signing just a little.

"Don't have to walk I have my grandfathers truck." I smiled holding up the keys.

"That's a relief." Ashton laughed.
We both walked out to the truck and got in and began our trip to the train tracks.

"Do you think I could play some music?" Ashton asked as I drove.

"Sure." I replied smiling. "You can use my phone if you want to."

"Ok thanks." Ashton smiled and grabbed my phone out of my jacket pocket. "Anything you want to hear in particular?" He asked as he scrolled through.

"Nope anything is fine." I replied giving him a smile.

"Hmm ok." Ashton continued to look through my phone. "What about this playlist." Ashton replied turning on the playlist I was playing this morning.

"You know I never imagined you where into this kind of music." Ashton said continuing to scroll through the list.

"I'm not. Not really.. not anymore anyway." I replied continued to focus on driving so I didn't listen to the words and begin to get upset.

"Oh how come?" Ashton asked his curiosity showing again.

"You see the name of that playlist. That's why." I replied a little shyly.

"Jackson." Ashton said a little confused but I guess he could tell I didn't want to talk about it, because he didn't ask anymore he just listened to the song coming out of the speakers.

'I'll never smile again
Until I smile at you
I'll never laugh again
What good would it do?
For tears would fill my eyes
My heart would realize
That our romance is through'