Chapter 20

* 3 Days Later *

"You're sure you want to do this?" I asked as he continued to pack his bags to head home.

"Yeah, I want to get some specific stuff from the house and I kind of want to tell my parents bye but without telling them bye. If you get what I mean." Ashton replied putting the rest of his stuff away.

"I get it." I smiled and watched him. Even though I knew we'd be together again in a couple hours my heart ached watching him pack his things.
Once he was done Ashton walked over and kissed me pushing me back on to the bed causing both of us to let out a laugh.

"You were getting sad about me leaving I needed to hear your laugh again." Ashton smiled down at me.

"Thanks baby boy." I smiled and gave him another kiss. "Remember I'll be outside your house at midnight tonight ok?"

"I remember. We meet outside my house then and drive your grandpa's truck to the bus stop where we wait for the bus. You're gonna leave the key in a spot and your grandfather will know where it because of a note you left for him, and we're gonna take the bus going to a train station that's gonna take us to another bus station that we will wait for the bus that's gonna take us to California." Ashton replied smiling.

"Exactly." I smiled widely and kissed him. " I can't wait."

"Me neither." Ashton smiled. "You're sure you want to do this?" He asked sitting on the bed.

"Ashton I'm sure. There's nothing for me here or back home, and I love being with you more than anything." I replied sitting up. "Are you sure?"

"Completely I wouldn't want anything else." He replied smiling.

I helped Ashton carry his stuff downstairs to the car when his parents got their to pick him up.
I tried my best to ignore Ashton's dad so I didn't go off on him. I'm sure there's no one in this world I hate more than him.

As I watched Ashton and his family drive away I began to head upstairs and get everything ready for tonight. I have to admit I feel bad just a little for leaving my grandparents. I had became used to being here and they were kind and loving.
Although I will enjoy being with Ashton, seeing new places, living on my own again, being alone with Ashton, and so many more things.

After I was done packing up my stuff I was upstairs drawing and listening to music when my grandparents pulled up outside coming back from town.
I watched as they both came in carrying bags but this time something seemed different. My grandmother seemed to be in a hurry for some reason.
My curiosity getting the best of me I put my stuff down and went downstairs to see what was going on. They had been gone a lot longer than they usually where but I just figured they were taking their time, but when I saw her in a hurry I just felt like something was wrong.

"is everything ok?" I asked taking the bags from my grandmother and carrying them into the kitchen.

"Luke honey." My grandmother said in a tone that I immediately knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong? Just tell me don't even try to sugar coat it just say it please." I pleaded. I didn't know what was going on but I felt sick.

"Luke." My grandmother paused and took a breath. "Ashton's been rushed to the hospital."

I didn't even wait to hear the explanation why, how long ago nothing I just ran upstairs and grabbed my shoes and jacket before taking the keys to my grandfather's truck. I felt sick but art the same time everything around me felt like it stopped. All I could think about was getting to Ashton, I didn't know what had happened but somehow deep down I knew it had something to do with his dad.
The entire way to the hospital I was speeding. It was one of the only times I was thankful for a small town. There weren't very many cops and they were rarely ever out.
Once I got to the small hospital that was in town I scanned the parking lot for Ashton's family's car while I looked for a place to park but I didn't see it anywhere. I felt anger rush through me from that but I tried to tell myself maybe they rode here with someone else or maybe they rode in the ambulance that brought him trying to make something of it.
Finally I found a place to park and ran inside to find a woman sitting behind the triage desk.

"I'm looking for Ashton Irwin he was rushed in here. Can you tell me where he is and if he's ok?" I probably spoke to fast she could just barely tell what I was saying, but to my surprise she knew exactly what I said and lead me to a room. When she opened the door Ashton was laying in a bed with bruises all over his face, arms and a brace was on his leg. The woman walked away and I felt tears begin to fill my eyes as I rushed over to the side of his bed.

"Baby what happened?" I asked sitting down on the edge of the bed looking down at him as he looked up at me.

"I messed up." Ashton said tears falling. " He was being a jerk so I went and packed my stuff and I came downstairs and I just let it fall out that I loved you and that I was leaving with you and he came at me." Ashton began to sob as I laid beside him.

"I'm so sorry baby. I should have taken you out of here. I'm so sorry. I promise that I'm never leaving again and he'll never touch you. I'm so sorry Ashton." I felt tears on my shirt as he cried.

"Please don't let go."