Chapter 7

*Present Day*

"Luke, I-I don't know what to say." Ashton said looking over at me his eyes filled with sadness and a little hint of anger.

"It's ok. Don't worry about it." I replied giving him a small smile. "Some days I miss him but for the most part I'm over it. I'm just not going to fall so hard next time or well trust so easily."

"Well he was a jerk and if I ever saw him I'd give him a piece of my mind." Ashton replied shaking his head.

"Thanks." I smiled lightly and rested my head against the metal wall of the train car.

"He missed out." Ashton said after a little bit of silence.

"What?" I asked looking back over at him just to make sure I heard him right.

"Jackson. He missed out." Ashton replied. "Your great and it's honestly his loss."

"Thanks, but how do you know we haven't known each other very long." I asked looking over at him.

" I just have a way of knowing." Ashton replied resting his head on his knees looking over at me.

"Thanks. Your not all that bad yourself.
Ashton just laughed and shook his head.

"Thanks." He replied a little sarcastically but he continued to laugh.

"Yeah no problem." I replied laughing a little harder. After a little while of laughing at nothing really a comfortable silence fell upon us as the trains began to come through.

"I love trains." Ashton said quietly. "They get to travel and see new places, new people and things. I envy them a little."

"You could to ya know." I replied as I watched the trains go by.

"Not really." Ashton replied quietly. "I'm supposed to take dad's place."

"Do you want to?" I asked looking over at him.

"I don't know not really." Ashton replied. "I just kind of want to live my life and experience things and see the world."

"What kind of things do you want experience?" I asked my curiosity getting a better hold of me.

"Well." Ashton looked down and began drawing shapes on the floor of the train car. "I've never kissed anyone before."

"You haven't?" I asked a little shocked. I mean Ashton was the definition of perfect people should be head over heels for him.

"No I haven't." Ashton replied blushing.  "I want to though." Ashton said blushing even more.

"Then why don't you?" I asked looking over at him.

"No one wants to kiss me." He laughed.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." I replied shaking my head.

"I am. There's no one wanting to kiss me." Ashton said this time a little quieter and a little more upset.

It made my heart hurt to think Ashton didn't think anyone wanted to kiss him.  I'm sure there are more people. I know I want to. I want to kiss his soft beautiful, pink lips. 
I wanted to reach out and cup his cheek and close the gap between us.
I wanted it more than anything, but I don't want to ruin what we have.  Just because I'm into him doesn't mean he's into me.

"Luke?" Ashton spoke pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I asked smiling over at him.

"What's it like?" He said blushing a little more.

"What's what like?" I asked a little confused.

"What is being kissed or kissing someone like?" He blushed more.

"Well umm." I honestly didn't know how to answer his question. You can't really explain it. It's just an amazing feeling. Especially if you do it with the right person.
I took a deep breath and put my hand under his chin and forced him to look up at me and kissed him.