Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up to Ashton asleep beside of me. He looked so peaceful and happy so I quickly and easily got up and tucked him in before getting dressed to go down stairs.

"Good Morning Luke. Where's Ashton?" My grandmother asked as she began to set the table for breakfast.

"He's still asleep. He didn't sleep well so I let him sleep longer." I replied sitting in my spot across from my grandfather.

"Everything ok?" He asked setting his news paper down.

"Yeah." I replied wanting to tell him the truth about how Ashton's dad is beating him big I knew there was no point. He wouldn't believe me that the preacher would ever hurt his son. To him a preacher is like the closest thing on earth to god. So they can't do anything wrong.

"Ok good." He gave me a small smile.

"Luke honey your grandfather and I might have to go away for a couple days. Do you think you and Luke will be fine on your own?" My grandmother asked as she sat a plate in front of me.

"Yeah we'd be fine." I smiled.

"You sure?" She asked sitting down in her seat.

"Yeah we'd be fine." I replied giving her a reassuring smile.

"Good. That makes me feel better." She smiled begging to eat breakfast.

"where are you guys going?" I asked before continuing to eat my breakfast.

"Your great aunts." My grandfather said before continuing to explain to me why they had to go.

"We were thinking about leaving this evening." My grandmother added in on the subject.

"Ah ok. I hope you have some fun while you're out and don't worry about Ashton and I we'll be fine." I smiled and began to get up and put my plate away.

"Thanks Luke." My grandmother said giving me a smile.
I spent the rest of the morning doing my chores and doing what ever I could to keep busy while Ashton slept.

"Good Morning." Ashton mumbled coming down the stairs rubbing his eyes.

"More like afternoon, but hey." I laughed smiling over at him.

"Is it really that late?" He asked stumbling over laying on the couch with his head in my lap.

"Yup." I smiled gently running my thumb over his cheek.

"I better get up before your grandparents catch us." He mumbled.

"Not here." I replied.

"Where are they?" He asked laying back down.

"My great aunt called and needs some help so they have to run over there for a while." I replied smiling. "That means the house is ours for a couple days."

"Really?" Ashton asked smiling up at me.

"Yup." I smiled kissing his head.
Ashton smiled and sat up, kissed me. It was soft and gentle.

"I can't wait to spend this week with you." Ashton said slowly pulling away.

"'Me too baby. Me too."  I replied smiling.
"I'm hungry." Ashton laughed before standing up to head towards the kitchen.

"I'll get you something to eat then." I followed him into the kitchen and began looking for something to make.

"I still can't believe you know how to cook." Ashton laughed resting his head on the counter top.

"I know how to do a lot of things." I laughed getting a pan from the cabinet.
Ashton just laughed and watched as I began to make something for lunch.

"What do you wanna do today?" I asked setting a cup of orange juice down in front of him.

"I don't know." He laughed. "Just hang out with you."

"Sounds good to me." I replied smiling.