SIX

Disclaimer

Nope. Nada. Zilch. I still don't anything besides Grace's plot line and maybe some new future characters. Hint, hint. ;)

✧

Grace let's out a small cry when suddenly the log she was carrying dropped from the opposite side. "Connor, are you okay?"

"Hey!" Murphy makes his way over to the two, completely ignoring Grace's annoyed glare on him. "You think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall?" He gestures to Charlotte who's a little ways away. "Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting, huh?"

"I just need some water, okay? Then I'll be fine," Connor says, mostly to get Murphy to piss off and leave him alone.

Bellamy makes his way over, eyes taking over Grace's sweat covered body in her tight pants and loose tank top. Grace feels her cheeks burn at this and she adverts her eyes from the boy. A smirk makes its way onto his face. "Murphy, get this guy some water," he gestured to Charlotte. "Hey, you got this?"

Grace's brows furrow. He wasn't serious, was he?

Charlotte steps forward but Bellamy is immediately crouched beside her. "Hey, I'm just kidding."

Bellamy stands and hoists the log over his shoulder, Grace doing the same but struggling immensely because now the tree was slanted onto her because of his height. They start making their way away from Murphy and the others. Bellamy grins when he sees this, a small laugh making its way past his mouth when he sees how much Grace is struggling because of the height difference.

"Shut up, Blake," Grace seethes, quick pants leaving her mouth from the effort. No way in hell would she tell Bellamy how much her muscles ached or how her vision was beginning to shake. She could rest later.

"How are you feeling?" Bellamy asks the girl once they've successfully taken the log where it needed to go.

"Fine," Grace says quickly. Bellamy raises his brow at this.

"Fine? You don't look fine, sweetheart."

Grace rolls her eyes at the nickname he loved so much. "Don't act like you actually care, Blake."

Before Bellamy could respond, Octavia was rushing over with a panicked expression on her face.

"O? What's wrong, are you okay?" Grace asks her quickly, Bellamy already searching the girl for anything that looked remotely concerning. The annoyed girl shoved her brother off and rolls her eyes.