EIGHT

Disclaimer

I do not own The 100 but I do own this chapter, which I think is going to send you through a world wind of emotions.

✧

"Grace?"

Grace turns around to see a panic-stricken Bellamy Blake. She grabs onto both of his biceps her eyes immediately searching for any type of wound. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?

"Have you seen Octavia?" He asks bluntly, ignoring the girls previous question. Grace's cheeks turn pink at the obvious worry for the boy and she steps away from him, her gaze moving to the ground. Suddenly, the rock beside Bellamy's foot was extremely interesting.

"I haven't seen her since we found you in the woods," Grace mumbled quietly, cross her arms and straightening her back. She looks and gives him a blank stare, forcing down all of the mixed emotions she felt whenever she was near the man.

He always made her feel safe and protected, and she trusted him more than she probably should. But, despite this, she couldn't help but feel panicked by the emotions she felt for him. The weird feeling that filled her stomach when he was near her or the way her heart started beating faster every time she heard he was doing something stupid that could get him killed (which seemed to literally be always).

"I'll help you look," Grace tells him, moving away. "I'll check the other side of camp. Maybe she's bunking with someone."

"I've checked the entire camp, she's not here."

Grace's stomach drops. She runs a hand through her hair, eyes closing for a moment as she tries to figure out what to do next. That stupid habit was going to get her killed one of these days. "Okay, um, follow me."

Grace walks to Clarke's tent, figuring she'd know what to do, and also that she'd be up with the same thoughts plaguing everyone's minds. Bellamy sends Grace a knowing look when he notices the blonde sitting in her tent. She ignores him.

"You're up?" Bellamy asks Clarke, staring at the obviously awake girl.

"Well, no shit, does she look asleep to you?" Grace asks him, crossing her arms over her chest. Clarke smirks softly, coming out from her tent. The smirk wipes off of her face when she looks back at Bellamy.

"Yeah. Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on The Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep," Clarke states.

"Raven's flares will work."

"Her radio would've worked better," Clarke mumbles.

Bellamy tenses. "Have you seen Octavia?"

"No. It's Octavia," Clarke sends Grace an incredulous look. "She's probably chasing butterflies."