THREE

Disclaimer

Monty: Jasper! Clarke is missing help us find her
Jasper: yeah but like. . . Maya
Monty: what? Jasper did you not—?
Jasper: Maya.
Grace: Jasper wtf
Jasper: *leaves to find Maya*

✦

Grace's pencil moved across the paper smoothly. She drew the small nose first, then the outline of his face. The dip in his chin; the freckles; the curls; the chocolate brown eyes; the plump lips. A dot of water drops onto the paper and her brows furrow. She glances up to see if a pipe had bust but then realization dawns on her and she brings a hand up to her face, wiping away at the few tears that dripped down her face. When did she start crying?

"Miller!"

"Look who finally got released," Jasper mutters with a small grin. Grace looks up, all tears forgotten as she places the book beside her and hops off of the top bunk.

She stalked forward, placing her arms around him gently despite the large part of her telling her to hug the stitches out of his wounds. "Hey, G."

"I missed you," she mumbles into his neck, sighing in relief as she realized he really was in front of her.

"I missed you too."

"Miller," Clarke's voice comes from behind them where she laid on her bunk. Grace drops down from his grip and sends Maya a small smile and wave before returning her attention to Clarke. "I'm glad you're okay."

"Yeah. Only took, what, three surgeries?" Miller turns to Maya who nods in confirmation. He sends Clarke a small smirk. "I hear you're fitting right in."

Grace couldn't help the small smirk that made it's way onto her face as Clarke sends Maya an annoyed look. Maya bites her lip and looks away for a moment, then she hands a bottle of pills over to Miller. "Twice a day. Don't forget. You'll be okay in a few days."

"I'll keep him in check," Grace grins, poking the boys chest lightly who just shakes his head in amusement. "My bunks there. I already called top, I saved the bottom for you. Sorry, we all know how much you love being top."

Miller shakes his head in amusement. "Well, I'm sure we can say the same about you. Oh, wait—"

"Don't you dare," Grace shoves him, squinting her eyes slightly. A laugh leaves his mouth as he throws his bag onto the bed.

"Grace," Maya buts in, waiting for the girl to return her attention to her. "Here," she hands Grace a bottle of clear pills. "Two a day, max. For the pain."

Grace fiddles with the bottle unsurely. "Thanks, Maya."

"No problem," she replies as she begins to walk away with Jasper.