ELEVEN

Disclaimer

I do not own The 100. Do not be fooled by that gif, this is a heart wrenching chapter that will put you though a lot of feels. Enjoy!

✧

"This changes everything!" Bellamy shouts, throwing up the blanket. "No more running from spears," he returns to his spot next to Clarke and Grace, watching as they fiddled with the guns nervously. "You ready to be badasses?"

"Look, I'm not gonna fight you on bringing guns back to camp. I know we need them, but don't expect me to like it," Clarke says, eyes still on the gun nervously. She never liked the stupid things.

"We're lucky the rifles were packed in grease. The fact that they survived means we're not sitting ducks anymore," Bellamy tried to reason with the girls. "You both need to learn how to do this."

Grace nods and steps forward with a sigh. "So I just hold it on my shoulder?" She asks, lifting the gun uneasily.

"Yeah," Bellamy says, placing one hand on the gun and one on her shoulderblade. "Just a little higher now, that end."

Grace keeps her gaze on the target; a large orange blanket with a bold X scribbled on it.

"Yeah. Uh, that's good. Uh, watch and learn."

Bellamy grabs a gun from the table and hoists it up as Grace moves away to stand next to Clarke. He pulls the trigger, but instead of a bullet it just produces a small click. He reloads it, then does it again. It still doesn't shoot.

"Still watching," Clarke smirks in amusement.

"Still learning," Grace smirks as well, leaning back against the wall.

"My bullets are duds. Try yours," Bellamy tells Grace who nods and steps forward. She raises the gun the way Bellamy told her and pulls the trigger, hitting the X almost exactly.

A laugh bubbles up from her mouth. "Oh, my god. That was amazing!"

Clarke steps forward to try as Grace falls back.

"Does that make me horrible for feeling that?" Grace asks, staring at the boy beside her. Bellamy just shakes his head with a smile.

"Try again."

"We shouldn't waste the ammunition," Clarke says quickly. Grace nods in agreement. They'd need it for the upcoming battle with the grounders.