SIX

Disclaimer

Why do I love Isaac so much?

✦

Grace found Isaac on his way back from the classroom. It was between classes now, though, so he must've been heading from somewhere else on level five. The library, maybe. She had seen a sign for it when she was snooping the mountain last night, after supper. She planned on going there soon, maybe finding the book her and Clarke had read when they were younger and actually reading the whole thing this time. She wasn't really sure.

Grace glances around quickly, noting how there was no one around. There was one camera in the corner of the hallway but if she stopped where she was now she should be safe from it.

"Hey, how're you—" Isaac is cut off when Grace pulls him into her, her arms wrapping around him tightly. She wasn't sure if she was able to trust him fully yet, but that didn't mean she didn't worry about him. "Oh, hi there."

"I'm happy you're okay," she pulls away and forces a tight smile on her face. His brows furrow in confusion as he notes the serious expression she wears. She leans up to whisper into his ear, "Is there anywhere we could maybe talk?"

Isaac nods his head, forcing a small smile on his face and taking her hand in his. She takes this time to take him in. The burns were completely gone, not including the red-tinged cheeks and forehead. He wasn't wearing his guard uniform so Grace figures it was because they gave him time off on medical leave.

Isaac opens a door, pulling the girl inside quickly after him. It was incredibly small so the two of them were chest to chest, but it was the best Isaac could do on such short notice. Judging by the cleaning supplies scattered around the tiny shelves, it was a janitors office.

"Sorry," Isaac breathes out, trying his best not to wiggle around while Grace focuses on calming her breathing. She didn't like enclosed spaces. "I never realized this room was so damn small."

"I bet you say that to all of the girls," Grace whispers, her breathing starting to become shallow. It was almost like she was back in that tent oh so long ago all over again. Isaac lets out a short chuckle, his eyes drifting down to the girl who was pressed firmly against his chest with pink cheeks.

"I've never done this before, mind you," Isaac mumbles, the corners of his lips falling. "Are you okay?"

"Not a fan of tight spaces," Grace admits. She had stopped trying to get more space a minute ago. There was no use.