Minato One Shot

(if you want, I could add Minato. This is just a one shot that I have wanted to do for a while)

"(y/n)-sensei!" the blond yelled, running up to you. He looked just like his father, your best friend and the one you loved the most but could never have. "yes Naruto? how can I help?" you turned to face the  boy, he was almost as tall as you and had almost surpassed you in power.

You had helped Kakashi train the young Naruto and his team since you knew his father so well, you taught him many things that you had also taught his father or what his father had taught you.

"y-you were my dad's best friend?" he asked, panting due to the speed and length he had just ran "correct Naruto, why are you asking?" Naruto's head snapped up "tell me a story about him- and-and my mother too?" his breath slowly coming back, he sat on a near by log.

_Flashback!!_

"Minato! wait up!" you yelled, running behind the one and only "came on (y/n)! I know you can do it" Training was often hard with Jiraiya-sensei and you had a lot of trouble keeping up with the others on your team, you were smaller and weaker but that didn't stop you from trying. Minato also helped by training with you when ever he could and cheered you on from the side line.

You stopped, holding your knees as you panted, trying to get more oxygen into your body "I-I don't think I should be a ninja anymore" you sighed, sitting on the grass as Minato walked over "don't say that! you'll be an amazing ninja! I know it!" Minato smiled.

"Minato, can I tell you something?" you asked, your face turning red "sure (y/n), what is it-" He was cut off by yelling, a girl from your class in the academy ran over, her long red hair dancing in the wind "Minato! can you help me train?" she asked, stopping next to you "sure Kushina! (y/n), you can tell me later, right?"

You never got to tell Minato what you intended, after the training, they started seeing each other more often and seeing you less and less. Minato was still a good friend, you couldn't ask for anyone better, all you wanted though, was to tell him one thing.

_end_

Finishing a small story for Naruto- about the time they saved you on a mission- you got up, leaving to see the grave where the loving couple stayed.

"Minato, I never got to tell you what I wanted that day did I?" you quietly laughed to your self "I love you Minato, but you found love in someone else and didn't need me, I'm glad you were happy though, don't get me wrong" Opening a bottle of water, you sat next to the graves "and Kushina, I'm sorry for dropping this on to you. I'll take care of Naruto, He'll become and even better ninja than your husband and your self"

"He loved you too mind" a voice said from behind "as a friend Kakashi"

"a best friend"