Chapter One

‘Mummy, where are we going?’ I asked in my sweet young Irish accent.

‘We are moving to a different house darling, it’s in Mullingar, you can meet some new friends there’ She replied.

‘Moving houses? New friends?’ I asked, staring at her.

‘Yes darling, it will all be okay, Hophelly we will have some friendly neighbours.’ She smiled.

I shrugged the thoughts off and stared out the car window, before falling asleep.

‘Sophia, darling, we are here, at our new house.’ Mum woke me up.

I rubbed my eyes before stretching my arms out wide and had a peak at the new house I would be living in. I was startled by Dad opening my door; he pulled me out of my car seat and stood me up on the ground.

I walked over to the front gate and opened it, ‘Hey Soph, just come meet your neighbours first’ Mum said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the side fence. I nodded and turned to look up at my new neighbours. There was a tall man standing by an older boy, I moved my eyes to the younger boy whom was standing by his brother, as soon as I laid eyes on him, I grabbed my Mum’s hand and hid behind her back. This boy had piercing eyes, which melted me inside.

My Mum chuckled, as I hid behind her back, I could just see his face. ‘Hello, what are your names?’ The man asked, just as my Dad joined us. ‘Hey, nice to meet you all, I’m Michelle, this is Peter and the little one is Sophia’ My Mum said. ‘Very nice, my name is Bobby, my son is Greg and the younger one is Niall.’ Bobby said.

Niall, Niall, Niall. What a beautiful name to match with his eyes, ‘Niall’ I whispered. Talking about eyes, his eyes were on me. He put his hand out gesturing me to grab it. I denied and hid further behind Mum’s back. Mum giggled, ‘It’s okay Sophia’ she said to me. ‘Hey Niall, you look like a similar age to Sophia, how old are you?’ She asked Niall, pulling me closer to him. ‘I just turned 5’ he simply said, I was shocked and surprised at hearing his voice, his voice was clear, gorgeous, crystal like and to top it all off he had the beautiful Irish accent like I did. Mum interrupted my day dreaming thoughts, ‘Sophia, tell him how old you are’ she said, quite annoyed that I wasn’t paying attention. ‘5’ I said almost whispered, I immediately blushed because of the way he was looking at me. ‘That’s cute, looks like we are going to get a couple in the neighbourhood soon’ Bobby teased. The corner of my mouth turned slightly into a smirk.

Mum and Dad chuckled, ‘Alright, we better move all of our stuff into our house before noon’ Dad said. ‘Absolutely, nice meeting you all can’t wait to talk to later’ Bobby said before waving and walking off. Dad smiled before they walked off too. I stayed stood in my place, staring into Niall’s eyes. ‘Darling, you have to help to’ Mum said, walking back to me, pulling my arm. I slowly turned around just before waving to Niall, he smiled and walked off. Mum giggled as she held my hand and led me to the front door. I looked up into her eyes, ‘Mummy, I like Niall.’ I said.

*10 Years Later*

‘Come on, just do it!’ They all screamed at me.