Chapter Eight

I put my sunglasses back on as I was walking back to Danielle. I arrived and laid back down on my towel, I pulled out my phone and punched in the guy’s number quickly before I forgot it and saved it to my contacts. I laid down; Danielle didn’t seem to say anything to me, maybe because she was reading a book. I didn’t want to disturb her so I kept quiet and continued enjoying the sun.

A tear slipped down my face, I truly regretted what I just did with a guy I just met. Especially behind Niall’s back. Niall rejected me, doesn’t mean I have to do that. Plus, it sure didn’t get him off of my mind. Another tear slipped down my face.

‘How could you do that?’ Danielle said almost whispered to me, as she put down her book. I quickly wiped away the tears and looked at her. ‘Do what?’ I asked. Oh, god. Please don’t tell me she knows what I did back there, but how? ‘Don’t play stupid with my Sophia Rose.’ She sneered. Oh crap, she did see me. She only calls me Sophia Rose when she is truly upset/angry at me. I winced. She sat up and stared into my eyes, ‘I saw you walk into that changing room with that guy, are you fucking stupid enough to even think to do that, especially behind Niall’s back. He hasn’t done anything to you, I told you to fucking call him for him to explain to you. And how bitchy is that for you to come back here and not tell me anything of what you just did.’ She snapped at me. Wow, I have never heard Danielle swear in our whole 2 years of friendship. I was completely shocked at where this was going, but I understood completely well as why she was so upset. I sat up took look at her properly, ‘I know, I-I-truly regret it now, I can’t believe I actually did that to Niall.’ I stuttered. She started packing up her things, putting them all away in her bag as she was saying ‘Don’t give me that bullshit; I am quite sick of your bullshit. Niall means so much to me, and to see you do something like that to him is quite sickening.’ She sneered and stood up, while grabbing her towel and shaking the sand off of it. ‘I know Danielle. Where are you going?’ I sobbed, tears welling in my eyes and slowly falling down my face. She looked at me, but then quickly looked away, I knew she hated seeing me cry. ‘Home, away from you.’ She sneered then walked off.

What? I quickly shoved my phone and essentials in my purse then grabbed my towel and ran after her. I could see her in the distance and she was hopping in her car. She opened the back seat door and threw her stuff on the seat then slammed the door shut. She hopped in the driver’s seat and I winced as she slammed her door shut. I continued walking up to her car to persuade her to stop, but she had already gone.

I dropped my things and crouched to the floor and let out the tears that I was trying to hold back. I felt eyes on me, and man I must have looked stupid. Someone placed their hand on my bare back. ‘Are you okay?’ A familiar voice asked. I stood up, grabbing my things on the way to turn around and see the least person I would have expected to see. Marcus. ‘No, I’m not okay. Just, Fuck Off.’ I was clearly angry at him, but why should I be? I should be angry at myself more than anyone else. His eyes were in shock. I rolled my eyes and stormed off, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back but closer to him this time. ‘I said Fuck Off, don’t fucking touch me.’ I yanked my hand out of his grip. ‘Stop swearing, people are watching.’ He whispered into my ear. ‘What can’t I fucking swear?!’ I raised my voice to everyone who was watching and threw my hands into the air. They all stopped staring and walked off, like they were disappointed that there wasn’t going to be a fight. Marcus grabbed my hand and walked me away from the incident, further into the car park. ‘Let me take you home.’ he said as we were walking. ‘I’m not getting it a fucking car with you.’ I stated, as we stopped by his car. ‘Yes you are, you can’t stay here by yourself anymore.’ He said before un-locking his car and hoping in the driver’s seat. He closed the door and started the car. I’m not getting in the car with him, not in a million years. But, ah fuck, there is always a but. I have no other way to get home, I mean I do but I don’t have enough money. I sighed before opening the passenger’s side door and entered the car.

‘Wow, didn’t think you were gonna’ hop in then.’ He smiled.

‘Shut up, and just fucking drive.’ I sneered. Wow, I was a bitch. But he was smart and didn’t reply and zoomed off.

I reached for my shorts and shirt in my purse and put them on in the car. He drove out of the beach car park and drove onto the freeway. I covered my face and sunglasses with my hair and before I knew it I was fast asleep.