Chapter Eleven

She leaped into my arms, ‘You have no idea, how much I have missed you. I’m so sorry, the way I spoke to you and the way I treated you. I was crying all last night, I couldn’t believe our friendship was breaking.’ She let go but still placed her hands on my shoulders. ‘But, I’m still pissed off at you.’ She said then let go. I couldn’t help but smile, ‘It’s good to have you back. I-I-called Niall this morning.’ I grinned but stuttered it out.

‘And?’ She asked. ‘He wasn’t yelling at me, he was yelling at the boys. He didn’t even hear my question.’ I explained. ‘I told you so!’ She beamed. I rolled my eyes; of course she has to say that. ‘Did you ask him again?’ She looked into my eyes. ‘No.’ She was about to protest and I stopped her, ‘But! I will when we go to Ireland on Tuesday! We’re going on a holidaaaaaaay!’ I squealed. Her eyes opened wide, and then she started squealing with me.

I pulled her inside of the house and she shut the door behind her. ‘Hang on’ she held a finger up to me and I frowned. ‘Did you tell him about that guy?’ she asked. I looked down, I couldn’t look into her eyes and say, ‘Mmm, no.’ I sighed. ‘Sophia!’ She smacked my arm lightly. ‘Ouch!’ I squealed, quickly moving my hand to rub the pain. ‘You need to tell him.’ She demanded. ‘Okay, okay, but in Ireland.’ I smiled. She rolled her eyes, and then I moved to sit down on the couch. ‘Nah ah, we are going out to lunch.’ She lifted my arm up, telling me to get up. I smiled, ‘Yay!’ ‘Let me just get my purse.’ I added.

I quickly ran up stairs and headed for my bedroom; I grabbed my navy blue purse and chucked my wallet, phone, and make up bag, sunglasses, and my house key and other essentials in it. I put on my light blue flats and ran back down stairs, Danielle walked out first then I did too locking the door behind me.

*

We went to this beautiful restaurant called ‘The Ivy’. ‘Can I please have the Diet Coke and Garlic Prawns thanks?’ I smiled at the waitress. She nodded and wrote my order down and Danielle’s then walked off. I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Mum “Hey Mum, I’m coming up to visit you this Tuesday for a couple of weeks, I’m bringing Danielle and Hophelly Niall will be around. Just warning you, love you. Xx”

I thought it was kind of awkward because I didn’t even ask her if I could stay there, but of course they’d let Danielle and I, right? I giggled at the thought as Mum texted back, “Yeah, Niall has sorted it out, he is a good man. Dating him yet? X” I sighed and rolled my eyes, Gosh Mums. “No, but Hophelly soon. Maybe one day in Ireland.” I replied. “Fantastic, us here can’t wait to see you, looking forward to it; have a safe flight, love. Xx” she immediately texted back. “Me too. Xx” I replied then chucked my phone back in my purse.

*

‘Well that was some amazing food, I must say.’ I said to Danielle as we were walking out of the restaurant.

‘Sure was’ she smiled as I put my purse in the pit of my arm and put my sunglasses on.

‘Pink Berry?’ I asked and gestured towards the shop.

‘Yes Please.’ Danielle grinned.

We sat by the fountain, enjoying the warm sunshine and eating our Pink Berry dessert. It was now 4:00pm and I was ready to leave.

*

‘Thanks for coming out with me today.’ Danielle smiled as I was about to hop out of her car at home.

‘That’s okay; I enjoyed myself, thanks for taking me out.’ I giggled. She smiled then I added ‘Can you come over tomorrow and help me pack my suit cases?’ I asked, hoping she’d say yes.

‘Absolutely.’ Of course she would. ‘I’ll pack my bags, then come over with them then help you, then I can stay the night and then we can go off to the airport together?’ She smiled.

‘Wow, a lot of and then’s’ I laughed. ‘But, most definitely.’ I smiled. ‘Okay, see you then.’ She said before leaning over to give me a hug before I exited the car and entered my house.