Chapter Nine

My eyes slowly opened. ‘Good afternoon Sleepy head.’ A guy’s voice said. My eyes adjusted to see Marcus looking at me from the couch opposite me. ‘Where am I?’ I asked. ‘At my house, since you wern’t awake to give me directions to get you home, I just brought you here.’ He smiled. ‘Umm, okay. Can you take me home now?’ I said as I sat up. He chuckled and moved over to me and sat on the vacant seat next to me. ‘Why? You just woke up.’ He stated. ‘And?’ I asked. ‘We can watch TV? Or a movie?’ He asked nicely. ‘Or you could take me home?’ I raised my eyebrows. He sighed, ‘Let’s watch Five Year engagement?’ I could not turn that down so I said, ‘Sure.’ And smiled.

It didn’t take him long to put the DVD in and sit back down next to me.

‘So, umm. Do you want to talk about what happened earlier?’ he asked.

Did he really just ask that? ‘Of course not.’ I said.

‘Rightio. Just wanted to support you.’

‘Support me? It is mostly about you.’

‘About me?’ He asked confused.

I nodded. ‘Oh, about us? In the changing rooms?’ He asked.

‘Please don’t bring it up.’

‘I won’t but, why was your friend so pissed off about it?’

 ‘She wasn’t exactly pissed off about it, but she was pissed off at me, or she still is.’ Was I really telling him this?

‘Right.’ He paused. ‘And?’ he added.

‘Since you want to know everything, I have this guy, he and I have been friends for more than 15 years, let’s say. I have un-controllably feelings for him, and I can’t stand to NOT be with him anymore, so this morning I raced to the airport before he left and ya know asked him out, he rejected me or so my friend doesn’t think. It was all a rush and I didn’t really know what was happening to be honest, I was in tears and was truly upset.’ Tears welled up in my eyes as I was re-tracing the thoughts. ‘So, my friend and I went to the beach to get the thoughts off of my head, which really didn’t work at all, I had a great idea to get this guy out of my head and it was to find another guy.’ I continued.

‘Which was me?’ He asked.

‘Yes that was you; do you have to interrupt me?’ I clearly wasn’t in the mood.

‘Sorry’ he whispered.

‘Anyway, I did stuff with you, which I regret now, to be honest.’ I stopped when he sighed. ‘I went back to my friend and she saw where I went with you, she was upset with me, or should I say strongly pissed off at me because she couldn’t believe how much I could hurt that guy like that. And you knew what happened from then on.’ I sighed and a tear slipped down my face. He quickly wiped it away and I slapped his hand off of me. ‘Stop, don’t think you can get in my pants again. Never again.’ I snapped. ‘I was just wiping your tears away.’ He whined. I held my hand up telling him I didn’t want to hear it. He sighed then we continued watching the movie.

*

It was half way through the movie, and I felt his arm stretch and wrap around my neck. Did he really just play that move? I grabbed his fingers and pulled his arm off my neck. He sighed but then brushed the tip of his fingers up my leg which tickled me. He removed his hand then placed it on my cheek to pull my face towards his; he leaned closer than his lips connected with mine. Our tongues entwined, I thought this wasn’t right at all so I quickly pulled away. I stood up and picked up my bag that was sitting next to the lounge. ‘I said don’t touch me, don’t you understand that I do not have feelings for you, at all.’ I said as I was walking out of the house. I could hear him walking behind me, but that didn’t bother me at all. I walked outside and didn’t even realise that the sun was setting, so it was about 5 O’clock. He seemed to live in the centre of London, so it was easy to catch a Taxi and plus it wasn’t far away from my house compared to the beach, so I’d have enough money. I raised my hand, once I reached the edge of the road and a Taxi pretty much pulled straight in. I entered the back of the Taxi and told the driver what address I’d like to go, he pulled out onto the road and I waved Marcus goodbye, Hophelly forever.

Not long later I arrived home and passed the driver my notes and exited the Taxi. I stormed up to my apartment door and rummaged through my purse to find the key. I un-locked the house and walked in then locked it again straight behind my back. More like slammed the door shut. Strong feelings through over me and I threw my bag across the hall. I fell to the ground and sobbed and flooded myself in my own tears. ‘I’m a fucking idiot!’ I yelled at myself. I slapped myself out of it and walked up stairs to my room to fetch my PJ’s then walked to the bathroom and stripped off and had a refreshing shower.

I hopped out and took deep breaths before walking down stairs to grab my purse I once threw earlier. I walked back up to my room and slumped down on my bed. I pulled out my phone to see a text from Danielle. Why is she texting me? Isn’t she pissed off at me?

I read the text which said, ‘Did you get home okay?’ A plain and simple question couldn’t be more hurtful, caring and upsetting, just because it was from Danielle. The corner of my lips turned up into a slight smile, ‘She’s wonderful.’ I whispered. I thought about the answer for a second, well technically I did so I replied with a simple. ‘Yes’. I checked Twitter and spent the rest of the night replying to some tweets from Directioners, I still didn’t understand why they were tweeting me so much. I wasn’t even in One Direction to start off with, and secondly I’m not dating Niall. The thought hurt me. Obviously Niall saw that I was online and he tweeted me.

“@NiallOfficial @SophiaG Are you okay?...I miss you. Xx” I sighed as a tear slipped down my face, I really needed to stop crying. I replied, “@SophiaG @NiallOfficial I’mSophiaG @NiallOfficial I'd down my face, I really needed to stop crying. 'rom Directioners, I still didn''ed back up to my room fine. Xx” Which clearly was a lie. “@SophiaG Goodnight everybody. Sweet dreams. Xx” I tweeted, which was mostly aimed at Niall. I plugged my phone into the charge then made myself fall asleep to the light rain that was falling outside.