Chapter Two

*2 Months Later*

I have been waiting for this phone call for ages. Sitting in class I held my phone anxiously, listening to the boring as lecture about Ancient History. My phone started vibrating in my hands, and the caller ID Niall came up, I excused myself to the bathroom and answered the phone call as soon as I shut the classroom door behind me.

‘Did you get in?’ I answered.

‘Yes!’ He screeched.

I screamed and started jumping around making my way to the girl’s bathroom, ‘I knew you could do it!’ I screeched again.

‘I know, I know! Thank you so much for supporting me!’ He said.

I slumped myself down on an empty bench beside the toilets, ‘So, what’s going to happen now?’ I asked, blankly.

He giggled, ‘Well, in a week’s time I go off to boot camp, then if I make it in I go to the Judges Houses then if I make it in there I start doing the live shows!’ He screeched.

‘That’s fantastic! I’m so proud of you! You will make it in! Trust me!’ I smiled.

‘Thank you, again.’ He said.

‘So, when can I see you next?’ I asked.

‘Tomorrow morning?’ He asked in his adorable Irish accent.

‘Of course, yay!’ I grinned.

*1 Week Later*

*Buzz Buzz*

‘Hey Babe, I didn’t get in’ He said with sorrow in his voice.

‘No, are you playing around with me?’ I asked, totally disappointed.

‘Partially’ He joked.

‘Why? Tell me Niall Horan!’ I said.

‘They put me in a boy band.’ He said.

A boy band? A band? What?

‘A boy band? Really?’ I asked, confused.

‘Yes babe, the judges told me that I didn’t get in, but then they pulled us back up stage with four other boys, and they decided to create a boy band’ He simply said.

‘Wow that is amazing!’ I screeched.

‘I know right, their names are Harry, Louis, Liam and Zayn, which are amazing boys, we are off to Harry’s house now, to you know get to know each other more’ He said. Off to Harry’s house? Where is that? When will I see him next? The thoughts frustrated me, we’re just friends, I reminded myself.

‘Oh, okay...have fun’ I said, trying to sound a little happy.

‘What’s wrong?’ He immediately said, smart boy, I thought.

‘When will I see you next?’ I said, straight forward.

‘Ah, it’s okay babe, Hophelly in the next month.’ He said simply.

The next month? That’s ages, he doesn’t sound the slightest sad at all, yet I’m nearly crying over this, does he have any feelings for me other then just friends? I know I sure do.

‘Oh okay, well have a safe trip and goodnight, I’m off to bed’ I said, then quickly hung up.

I threw my phone onto the bedside table and crashed my hand against my pillows and sobbed until I fell asleep.

*3 month later*

How could he be so selfish? He hasn’t called me for over 3 months now, I guess he is just having way too much fun with his stupid ‘boy band’.

*Buzz Buzz*

I reached across my desk for my phone. The ID says ‘Niall <3’ ‘I don’t believe it’ I moaned out loud. I sighed before pressing the answer button.

‘Hello?’ I asked blankly.

‘Happy Birthday!’ He screeched.

‘Happy Birthday? It’s not my birthday today; it’s in a few days.’ I said pissed off.

 Great, so he’s forgotten when my birthday was, and that also means that he was only calling me to say Happy Birthday, jerk.

‘Just kidding!’ He said.

Whatever, as if he is ‘just kidding’, I didn’t say anything.

‘Umm, look sorry I haven’t called you in a long time, I have been incredibly busy with my new career’ He said.

‘New career?’ I asked, saying my thoughts.

‘Yes, Sony signed us up as ‘One Direction’ the boy band, isn’t that excited!?’ He beamed.

I sighed, ‘Yes, very.’ I said plainly.

‘Aw, come on...’ He trailed off.

‘Don’t fucking come on me! You don’t understand how pissed off I am with you! How long have we been best friends for? 12 years? You don’t just fuck off with you gay friends, and then never call me! Let alone never talk to me! I thought we had more than this?’ I beamed through the phone line with anger.

He left the phone line silence for a few moments ‘For starters they aren’t gay and you haven’t even met them, I said I was busy so I couldn’t call you, and since when can’t you call me?’ He said calmly, but I could tell he was truly upset.

‘Oh, so you are so busy, you can’t call your best friend for 5 minutes to say that you love her or even tell her what’s going on in your life!?’ I screeched ‘Oh, and also I think gentlemen’s need to call the ladies first!’ I added.

‘Wow, Sophia, Look, I am truly sorry for me acting this way, I truly am, and I really want to see you soon.’ He said.

I immediately felt ashamed of myself, ‘I have wanted to see you for the past 3 months, do you know how upset this has made me feel? I miss you.’ I whined.

‘Trust me, I know. And I miss you so much too, I miss home.’ He calmed me.

I sighed; I swear he always gets the better out of me, ‘When will I see you next?’ I asked, expecting a dumb answer.

‘Well the main reason I called you up is because, the boys want to meet the girl I have been raving onto them about, and since it’s your birthday soon, maybe just maybe, I could fly you up here to London?’ He asked and I could so tell he was twinkling his eyes.

I sighed again and took a moment for the thoughts to settle in, ‘Yes Niall Horan, that would be an amazing birthday present’ I said smiling at the thought I’d be going to London.

‘That’s fantastic; I can’t wait to see you’ he beamed.

‘When am I coming?’ I asked.

‘Fly up tomorrow, once I have booked you your flights, I will text you to tell you its all ready.’ He said.

‘Yaaaaay!’ I let out.

We both chuckled, ‘so, what place did you come in the XFactor?’ I asked.

‘3rd, pretty good I thought.’ He chuckled.

‘Wow, that’s amazing! Your boy band must be amazing!’I smiled.

‘It truly is’ he sighed.

Weird, ‘Oh well, I better get going and pack my bags, text me.’ I said breaking the awkward silence.

‘Of course, love you.’ He said.

I smiled, ‘Love you to babe’.