Chapter 1 | Undead

Darkness, that's all you saw, pain was all you felt. Screams of terror echoed in your head along with the laughter of whoever it was that drowned you. You've been like this for a while now, who knows how long... you'd never get to see your family again, you'd never get to say goodbye to your friends... you'd never find love...

But all the sensations and noise came to a halt. You just stayed floating in darkness. Where you were, no idea. Suddenly a new sensation was beneath you, softness. The sound of a pen against paper was all you could hear and a dim light was seen from behind your eyelids. Where were you?

You managed to gather the strength to open your eyes, and when you did, they met a wooden roof illuminated by dim lights, candles perhaps? You had to get up and figure out where in the hell you were. You pushed your hands against the surface beneath you, pushing yourself up. You managed to sit up and look around.

Coffins, candles, books, skulls?

"What in the-"

You suddenly whipped your head around to see a person with long sliver hair, wearing a cloak and a hat. They had a fringe that covered their face, but you could still see a scar across it. You looked down, you were in a coffin.

"Where am I? What is this?" You managed to say.

The person laughed.

"Fascinating"

You looked up to see you were face to face with the strange man.

"Uhhh..."

"You're alive, even though you drowned, your heart stopped beating, are you ok?"

"What? How am I alive?"

The man grabbed your wrist, placing two fingers against it, checking for a pulse.

"So you're dead?"

"But... I'm not?"

The cloaked man leaned back in his chair and giggled.

"Interesting..." he said.

"I don't understand this... but yeah, I'll be ok. Thanks for worrying..."

You climbed out of the coffin and dropped to the floor, your legs too weak to move.

"You must be weak, a whole two weeks dead must have made your mussels slack"

The man held out a hand for you, you took it and he pulled you to your feet, swiftly lifting you off the ground, placing you on his desk.

"You truly are interesting, what's your name?"

"(Y/n)"

"Well (y/n), I am known simply as, the undertaker"