Chapter 13 | placing the puzzle together

This new found information was very helpful. Now there were only a handful of questions left.

What does SDA stand for?

What's is Undertakers real name?

What was his previous job?

Where did the scars come from?

And finally, did he actually have feelings for you?

They were the questions you wanted answers to. But it wasn't as easy as it looks to get then as you'd learnt a while ago.

It's been almost two months since you'd came back to life and met undertaker. And today you were off too see Ciel to ask for information. You'd told Undertaker you were going to meet the rest of the Phantomhive estate, which was half true. You arrived at the door of the manor and knocked on it.

It opened almost instantly to reveal Sebastian.

"Lady (y/n)? What brings you here?" He asked.

"I've come to talk to Ciel"

"Ah, please do come in"

You entered and took in the big and fancy looking manor. It was a lot to take in that's for sure.

"Right thi-"

Sebastian was cut off by a crash.

You turned to see a maid had tripped and her glasses had gone flying.

"Honestly Mey-Rin..." Sebastian said as he helped the girl to her feet and gave her back her glasses.

"I-I'm so sorry, yes I am!" She said.

Her voice was kind of nasally, maybe her glasses were to heavy for her nose and that's what made her sound like that.

"Mey-Rin this is lady (y/n). She'll be talking with the young master so please don't disturb them" Sebastian said.

"Of course! Nice to meet you lady (y/n)!" She said.

"You too"

"I'll take you to the earl"

You followed Sebastian up some stairs and down the hallway to Ciels office. He knocked on the door, to have Ciel reply 'come in'.

You entered the room and saw Ciel look up at you.

"Oh? I wasn't expecting you miss (y/n). What brings you here?" He asked.

"I have some questions" you replied.

"Alright ask away"

You sat down in a chair opposite his desk and pulled out the picture you found the other day of him when he was very little.

"I found this while looking through some of Undertakers old stuff, I've been very curious as to why he's been hiding so much from me and I was wondering why he may have had this" you explained.

Ciel looked at the photo and thought for a moment.

"Well I do have history with him. He used to babysit me when I was very young, I don't remember much since I was so young, but he used to be close with my late father too" he said.

"That's clears up some things... do you know why he hates the queen so much?"

"Kind of, he says that he doesn't like how she passes her worries into me. Although I feel like there more to it, but I've never asked"

That was the same answer Grell gave you.

"Has he always had those scars?"

"As long as I've known him yeah, what's making you so curious?"

"Well I've noticed that he's always very eerie and giggly around others, but barely with me... he acts so normal around me it's making me wonder"

"That's odd, I've never seen him like that"

"Do you know what his previous job was?" You asked.

"I'm afraid not, I was too young to understand the concept of work and when I was older and asked, he never told me. All I know is apparently he was legendary at his last job" Ciel explained.

"Also, do you know what SDA stands for?"

"SDA? where did you hear that?"

"Well along with this photo I found three others of two boys and a girl... I think. And I found the girl... thing... and asked her some questions. Apparently Undertaker used to work at a place called SDA"

"Who exactly was this girl?"

"Grell Sutcliff" you replied.

"Oh lord them?" Sebastian cut in.

"Yeah, I take it you two don't get along" you said.

"Not really, please don't tell me they've gone and called me 'bassy' again?"

"Yeah I thought that was kind of funny actually" you giggled.

"Well, SDA stands for shinigami dispatch association. Never would have guessed he worked th- wait... you don't think..." Ciel turned to Sebastian.

"I never would have guessed either, he's always kept his eyes covered" Sebastian replied.

"Hold on... shinigami? As in god of death?" You asked.

"Well kind of. The SDA is a group of grim reapers that collect the souls of the dead. They don't do the killing they just do the collecting. Well... apart from Grell" Ciel said.

"So... he's worked for grim reapers? I would be more shocked but I'm literally undead so it's obviously possible"

"Well... of Grell said he used to work at SDA... and Grell is a grim reaper... (y/n) have you seen Undertakers eyes?"

"Yeah they're green, no matter how many times I try and sneak a peek at them he covers them again so I only get a few glimpses"

"Green huh? I never wound have thought..." Sebastian said.

"What?" You replied.

"Well, it seems that Undertaker is a grim reaper... although I'm guessing he retired since he works elsewhere now" Ciel said.

You didn't really know what to say. Undertaker could be a grim reaper? You weren't surprised at the existence of a grim reaper, you were undead yourself. But the fact that Undertaker could be one was... shocking, you never would have guessed... but it made sense, that's why he was always so secretive.

"Wow... never saw that coming. I'll have to interrogate him when I get back. Also, do any of you know his real name?" You asked.

"I'm afraid not"

"No sorry"

Well... this information could change a lot of your theories on him.

"Right, thank you for the help, although I should probably get back now" you said, standing up and fixing your dress.

"I'll escort you back" Sebastian said.

"Ok thank you, bye Ciel"

"Bye (y/n), it was nice seeing you"

"You too"

Sebastian lead you outside and into a carriage where you were taken home. You thanked him and said goodbye. It was now time to confront death himself.