Chapter 25 | guests at the phantomhives

A/n: I was looking at a list of thins yana confirmed in 2017 and that one in bold literally had me shook.^^^

The Phantomhive manor was absolutely massive, and a great place to get lost in. That's all you seemed to do while you were staying at this place, you'd wander down a hall and end up in rooms you didn't know existed, and you'd somehow ended up in the library of the manor at the moment. You decided to look around, limping around the room as you looked due to the cuts and slices across your ankles from the torture.

You sat by a bookshelf where you found a small section on the past Phantomhives. Photo albums and documents and whatnot. You decided to look through an old album, and the first thing you was was a picture of Ciels parents.

Vincent and Rachel Phantomhive. Head of the estate before Ciel took it.

Under the photo it had a date a death date. You known Ciel had lost his parents, but you never knew how. You'd heard it was form a fire, that's just tragic. They looked like such lovely people, you felt bad that Ciel had to go through all of that and still have to solider on all on his own. Turning the page you saw a picture of Ciel when we must have been about 5, he was with a dog, a blonde girl of the same age and a woman with short red hair.

Ciel Phantomhive, Elizabeth Middleford and 'Madame Red'.

Madame Red? Well she certainly was red. Almost as red as Grell, actually, you'd heard they'd worked with each other before, and you'd heard it was one of Grells biggest regrets, you never asked about it, it seemed personal.

Elizabeth Middleford. You knew her as Ciels fiancé. You'd never met the girl, but she'd popped up in conversation a few times. Apparently she's a very happy and bubbly person, with a reputation for turning the manor pink.

You turned the page and saw pictures form balls and birthdays and weddings and meetings with the queen, Ciel smiled in every picture. Something you never see him do anymore, sad really, he had a smile that could light up a room.

You turned page again, and a particular picture caught your eye. It was Adrian, Adrian and Vincent playing pool, they knew each other? Well Ciel did say that he's known Adrian since he was very little so it's no surprise Adrian would know Ciels parents.

They seemed close, and yet the Phantomhives never knew Adrian was actually dead and a reaper. There were a few more photos, one being a very small Ciel in Adrian's arms, Ciel looked about two, he was having a lot of fun playing with Adrian's floppy sleeves, Adrian had a smile across his face, he must have liked kids.

Ciel and 'Undertaker'. Ciels 2nd birthday.

How sweet, even when the family didn't even know his real name they'd still established a bond. You found a loose photo in the back of the book of baby Ciel with a dog.

Ciel and Sebastian.

Sebastian? How amusing, Ciel literally has another Sebastian in his life nowadays. Funny to think Sebastian was a dog at one point in Ciels life rather than a butler. You came to the last page of the book, a big group photo consisting of Ciel, Vincent, Rachel, Elizabeth, Madame Red, Sebastian the dog and Adrian.

Adrian looked different in these pictures. Not exactly younger, considering the man dosing really age, but he seemed more social and his hair was definitely shorter, he wore a trench coat instead of his cloak he wears today and you could see the glimmer of glasses lenses behind his fringe.

He's changed.

But he's definitely changed since you'd been with him too.

After the loss of his Phantomhive friends, he didn't really have anyone to trust or feel the need to protect, you'd since filled that void.