Chapter 17 | shocking

Your day was going well, you were having an amazing day really, usually the days are quite boring, but with Adrian playing around with you in between work you were having fun. Buy things got a little strange today, you got a visit from Ciel and Sebastian today, that's when you noticed some fishy things going on with death.

"So you're saying that killer isn't using water as his main cause of death anymore?"

"It seems so, all the bodies we've got in recently have been burned"

They were talking about your killer, the one who'd tried to kill you by shoving you into a lake and holding you underwater until your lungs were filled and you were meant to die.

"Why would he switch suddenly? Is he trying to tell us something?" Ciel asked.

"Possibly, would be able to see the bodies?" Sebastian asked.

Adrian cracked open a coffin and revealed a burnt dead body, it was still mostly in tact, but it hadn't been touched yet so it was still a mess. You wanders over to gat a look at it but Adrian pulled you into his arms and covered your eyes.

"It's a horrible sight, of all the dead bodies there are I would prefer you don't see this one" he said.

"But I've seen dead people before" you replied.

"Yes but they've all been still in tact and not absolutely destroyed"

"Fine"

You stood there with Adrian's hands coving your eyes as you listened for anything interesting that might happen.

"Huh? What's this?" Ciel said.

You wanted to see what they'd got but Adrian didn't let you go.

"What's inside it?" He asked.

You heard a latch open, you guessed the man must have had a box or something in his when he died.

"Sebastian what does it say? It's too small for me to read" Ciel said.

They found a note or something. You wanted to see it but Adrian had tightened his grip on you.

"I don't think that was a message or us, perhaps for Undertaker?" Sebastian said.

What? Was the killer leaving notes for Adrian? Why?

You felt Adrian move one hand away from you as you head the lid of the coffin be closed. He took the note and read it, you felt his grip get tighter on you. That wasn't good, it must be something bad. You had to see it. You slipped out of his arms unexpectedly and snatched the paper off him.

How is she still alive? Why is she still alive?

"Me?" You questioned.

Adrian took the paper off you and read it again. Sighing as he handed it back to Sebastian.

"Yes, probably you"

So your killer knew you were alive, he knew you were here. But how? Why? Was it because your funeral never happened? You lived alone as a human, who could have noticed you missing, or alive after being killed? Was he stalking you?

"We'll look more into this back at the manor, thank you for the help"

And with that Ciel left along with Sebastian. Adrian picked you up and sat you on his desk. He was worried for you, you knew he was going into defence mode, you could tell he was scared for your safety. Even if you were already dead, and couldn't actually die, there were still multiple absolutely horrible things that could happen to you. And neither you nor him wanted that.

"I don't want you going out alone anymore" he said.

"That's understandable... I don't think I'd want to go out alone..." you replied.

"If you notice anything suspicious, you tell me right away ok?"

"Ok"

He gave you a worried look and pulled you into a tight hug.

"I promise I won't let anything happen to you, alright. Trust me on this" he said.

"Ok. What will you do if that killer does find me?" You asked.

"...I'll have to dust off my death scythe"