Chapter 24 | recover

You awoke in a soft bed, one you didn't recognise. You opened your eyes and they met an unfamiliar roof. You sat up, only to fell a crazy amount of pain. You realised you were in bandages and had bandaids all over you. You then realise you're in a Phantomhive guest room. They must have bought you to the manor after that fight.

You look around and your eyes lay on Adrian, with a few bandages on his hand as he slept beside you. Poor thing must be so tired and stressed after you disappearing on him and having to fight for you.

You smile, happy to know you're ok now, and that your killer is dead. You realise you're in a red nightgown, probably supplied by Grell, and your cleaned up clothes are sitting on a chair in the corner.

You turn to get up but as you do, pain shoots through body.

"Ouch"

With those words, you saw Adrian stir and begin to wake up. He opens his beautiful green eyes and they shift their tired gaze to you.

"(Y/n)!"

He throws the blankets back and sits up, pulling you into a gentle hug.

"Thank god"

"Are we at the Phantomhives?" You manage to say.

"Yes, it was the closest" he replies.

He breaks the hug and gives you a sad look.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I wasn't there to protect you from the start, this is all my fault" he said.

"No it's not! You didn't know I was going to get kidnapped when I was. Don't blame this on yourself" you said.

He smiles at you and pulls you into another hug. You feel tears soak through your sleeve and you feel his grip tighten, not too tight, being mindful of your current state.

"I'm so glad you're ok"

"I'm fine, just a little beaten up, I'll heal, we all do"

You break the hug and pull him into a kiss, making sure he felt loved after being separated from you. He held you close, making sure that you felt loved after all you've been through. When the kiss broke, you decided to get up and see the other.

Adrian picked you up gently and carried you out to the lounge where you saw Sebastian who had healed from whatever wounds he had inhumanly fast, and Grell with a bandaid in her cheek and one on her neck. Ciel sat in a chair and was the first to notice you come in.

"(Y/n)!" He exclaimed, showing genuine emotion for once.

The other two turned to you as Adrian put you down on a sofa.

"(Y/n) thank god!" Grell said, rushing over to you and pulling you into a gentle hug.

"I'm guessing this nightgown is yours?" You laughed.

"Yeah, Ciel didn't have anything that would fit you" she replied.

"None of us had the right to dress you without your consent, but Grell was the best option, and we didn't want the servants finding out about this since they'd freak out can't cause a ruckus. I hope that's ok" Sebastian said.

"That's fine"

You knew Grell wouldn't perv on you, or as she would say 'she wouldn't disrespect another lady, that's just rude.'

"How are you feeling?" Ciel asked.

"Kind of fuzzy, it's all a blur, but I'm alright apart from being a little sore" you said.

"That's good, Sebastian get her something to drink"

"Yes my lord"

You grabbed onto Adrian's hand and gave it a squeeze.

"I knew he wouldn't let me suffer" you said, smiling at him.

"I could never" he replied.

"Awww you guys are so cute" Grell cooed.

You just rolled your eyes at the typical remark from her.

Sebastian came back and handed you some warm milk.

"Thank you"

"Make sure you get a lot of food and fluids, you were very famished when we found you" he said.

You nodded and took a sip, it felt so good to get something in your system.

"(Y/n) we insist you guys stay here until you're ok again, we want you to be healthy" Ciel said.

You looked at Adrian for an answer.

"A funeral parlour is no place for someone that needs to heal, we should probably say here until you're ok again" he said.

"Ok, thank you all for helping me"

It was smilies all around now that you were safe.

"Hey, I just realised-" Ciel began.

"Huh?"

"You're not hiding your eyes"

Everyone looked at Adrian. Ciel was right, his bangs were pushed back. He must have forgotten about it in the heat of the moment.

"Oh, I completely forgot about that. But everyone's figured me out so there's not really a point in hiding them I guess" he said.

"You're not acting all giggly either" Sebastian pointed out.

"Awww (y/n)s bought out a whole new side of you" Grell added.

"She definitely has"

He smiled at you and you smiled back.

"Only one thing left" you said.

He thought about it for a moment.

"Well I guess there's not really any point to hiding anything now... I guess you can all just call me Adrian"