Chapter 4 | curiosity

This guy you'd ended up as roommates with was one of the biggest mysteries you'd come across. You were determined to solve it.

You wanted to know.

His eyes.

His name.

His life.

It was a rather slow day at the shop, you'd mainly been focusing on building you strength back up. You found it easier to walk and move around by now, it's been about three weeks since your miraculous recovery from death. You'd found it boring being all cooped up in a small shop all day.

"I'm going to go out"

"Where?"

"Dunno, around?"

Undertaker tilted his head in slight confusion.

"Why?"

"Because I'm going stir crazy" you said.

You turned  and made you way to the front door, but felt a hand grab yours and pull you back.

"You're not leaving without shoes are you?" He laughed.

You looked down and saw you'd completely forgotten shoes.

"Oh oops!"

You slipped your shoes on.

"I'll be back later bye!"

Before you could get a response, you were off. The sunny summers day was a warm one, making you thank your past self for wearing a light dress rather than one with lots of layers. You wandered through the streets and looked around, everything was coming back to you now, all the surroundings and shops.

"You! In the blue dress!"

You turned at the sound of a rather squeaky voice.

"You're dress is absolutely adorable! I must ask where you got it!" A blonde girl said.

"Oh, I'm actually not to sure. It was a gift, but I think the label says luxury dress makers" you replied.

"Wow, such a good quality place... Thank you!"

You watched the girl run back to her maid and start talking about dresses.

Well it's nice to have human interaction at least. You continued your walk down the streets and came to the end of the road that lead into a park. You decided to go and sit on one of the swings, gently rocking back and fourth with the breeze. After everything that's happened, you needed some time to clear your head. You looked down at your shoes and back up at the sunny sky, thinking about how lucky you are to cheat death like that. More questions started to pop into your head.

If undertaker doesn't like payments in money, then how does he afford all these expensive dresses he got you? You decided not to question him too much, it was probably better you didn't anyway.

Suddenly you felt someone gently push your back, making the swing go forward a little, you turned to see the man you were just thinking about.

"Oh, hello" you said.

"Hello again" he replied, continuing to push you on the swing.

"What brings you here?"

"I got bored"

Fair reason.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" You suddenly blurted out.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're giving me a place to stay, and hospitality when I'm just some random girl that came back from the dead. No ones ever been so nice to me in my life"

"I guess it's because I don't have the heart to abandon you. You're more than just interesting because you're undead (y/n). You're a very interesting girl indeed~"