Chapter 6 | aftermath

You feel your body start to wake up, you begin to gain energy again, you feel like your tangled with something and when you open your eyes you see you're in the same position you were last night when you had that breakdown. Buried in Undertakers shirt as his arms loosely hung around you. You both must have fallen asleep like this.

He was acting odd last night, so sincere, so worried... all toward you. You decide to get up, you gently slip out of his arms and smile down at him. You wanted to let him sleep some more as repayment for waking him up last night. You wander into the front of the shop and stretch out your arms, the sun slowly rising and peaking over the horizon visible through the window. You walk over to his desk and look down at the bookings. Only two people were coming in today, one to pick up a coffin and one to discuss a funeral. It was going to be a slow day. You walked over to the window and looked out on the empty streets as the sun rose. You sighed.

"Well at least it's not raining as usual" you mumbled to yourself.

You decided to make some tea, so you wandered upstairs and into the kitchen and began to prepare Earl Grey. It was then you felt two arms snake around you.

"Are you feeling ok?"

There he goes again, acting all sincere and caring.

"Yeah, I'm ok now. Sorry for waking you up last night" you said.

"That's fine, I wouldn't want anything to happen to my guest" he replied.

He looked tired, he sounded tired too.

"You seem tired, you should go back to bed"

"I'm always drowsy in the mornings, I'll be fine"

He practically leaned on your back as you made your tea, making a cup for Undertaker too. You handed him the tea and he gladly accepted. His hair was still tied up, including that one bit of his fringe. You were drawn to the glowing eyes of his again. Upon noticing you gazing into his eyes he smiled his usual devious smile and brushed his fringe back over his eyes.

"Awww..."

He tilted his head in confusion as he took a sip from his tea.

"What do you mean 'aww?"

"I like your eyes, they're pretty" you said.

He giggled and shook his head.

"There's more to my eyes than just the aesthetic. But you'd be better off not knowing" he said, ruffling your hair.

"Awww..."

"It's safer that way my dear, now we should go and get ready, the shop opens soon"

With that he wandered back to his room, leaving you in the kitchen with your tea.

"Who are you really, Undertaker?"