Chapter 9.

Hidan's eyes fluttered open and he groaned as the light blinded him, his eyes not yet adjusted. "Hidan.." He heard a beautiful voice, a voice that sounded like a melody, call to him. A siren..? A mermaid? Hidan smiled and shut his eyes again, his mind swallowed in the thoughts of his very own perversion. A cold hand shook him gently and he grimaced and swatted the hand away, wanting to return to his now extremely filthy thoughts. "Hidan, it's Mira," The same voice called but this time, it gave Hidan goosebumps. He opened his violet orbs and gazed into the red ones before him.

"You can't be Mira, she has the most beautiful eyes, the colour of the sun," Hidan whispered, unconsciously smiling in nostalgia. The girl sighed and tilted her head, her snow white locks falling over her shoulder. "I am Mira Yamamoto, I'm just.. In my body, the body I rightfully belong to," Mira muttered, the once bright look in her crimson eyes fading. Mira stood up and shook her head, "Who cares, at least you woke up from your stupid stupor. I'll be taking my leave now," Mira stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Hidan's gaze remained on the empty spot where the young girl once sat, he sighed and lifted his hands into his view, they looked the same. Hidan threw the cover off him and gasped at the marks on his body, from when he was in the cave. They were purple, green, black and red. The skin was bruised badly and irritated, he looked.. hideous. Hidan grimaced and threw his head back, shutting his eyes, feeling a sudden ache in his chest. "She looks and sounds so familiar to me but she's not Mira, no, she could never be Mira."

Hidan coughed up some blood and grimaced, "My Mira is back in that cave and this imposter, whoever she is, isn't my Mira. She never will be because the Mira I know is dead.." Hidan whispered to himself, hoping no one heard. Hidan sat up and hung his legs over the side of the bed, stretching his pale, muscled body. He stood up and stripped down, getting into the shower connected to the room to clean himself up. When he was done, he threw some clean clothes and left the room, heading towards the kitchen, his stomach begging for food.

Mira sighed as she placed a bowl of ramen on the table for Hidan, a side of just wanted to do something nice for him. As soon as Hidan walked through the door, she held the bowl out for him but he just knocked it out of her hand and went to the fridge. Mira gazed at the smashed bowl and the ramen that lay on the floor and felt her childish emotions kicking in, making her want to cry. "Why don't you realise I'm still the same Mira, maybe just younger and immature but I'm still the same!" Mira screamed, running out of the kitchen with tears in her eyes, leaving a group of gawking Akatsuki members.

"..Poor thing," Kisame whispered as he gazed at the smashed bowl of ramen on the floor, "She worked so hard on it for Hidan. She truly has changed since she was placed in that child's body," Kisame mumbled to Itachi who shrugged, "I suppose," Itachi muttered. Kakuzu stood up from his seat and glared at Hidan, "How could you be so cruel to her? She's still te girl we knew. She's still beautiful," Kakuzu grumbled as he rushed after Mira.

Hidan rolled his eyes, "Whatever," He grumbled as he pulled out some leftovers and heated them up before retreating to his room to eat. Kakuzu knocked on Mira's door, "Go away," Her child-like voice yelled, causing Kakuzu's eyes to soften as he pick locked the door open, startling Mira. She gazed at Kakuzu with wide crimson eyes before she shook her head and clutched it, "This my head, not yours.... Stop it... Get out of my head!" Mira argued to herself as she tried to force the voices from her head. Kakuzu quickly shut the door and locked it, embracing Mira.

Kakuzu stroked the young girl's head and whispered calming things in her ear, trying to quiet the poor girl. When she finally stopped, Kakuzu looked down to see the young girl asleep, in his arms! Kakuzu smiled softly, feeling like he had just formed a bond with Mira, a bond that wasn't there before. Kakuzu gently lay down, holding the girl close to his chest as he shut his eyes, falling asleep with her in his arms.

_____~______~____

Two bodies lay motionless in the Yamamoto estate, blood of two different clans mixing and creating a strange colour. One's blood was a greenish colour and the other a crimson. The blood mixed, the red creating a heart in the green; showing the love that Tsubaki felt for Kuro. The blood started to glow, seeping back into the bodies. No one breathed, no one moved. It was silent until a pair of red eyes opened. "Tsubaki.. Mira.. I will never cease until I have you both wrapped around my finger.." The male stood up, pushing Tsubaki off him. He brushed himself off and picked Tsubaki up and laid her where Mira once rested. He grinned and looked up determined to capture his next prey; he now had Tsubaki, he only needed one more..

"Mira.. You are next, my love. I will never give up until I have you."