Chapter 13: Hidan's P.O.V.

Hidan stood up and bolted. He had to tell her. If she knew then maybe.. just maybe, she would choose him. Hidan knew, well believed, he was the better looking one out of the pair. But would Mira really choose just by looks? No, she wasn't like that. Kakuzu would win through personality - he's selfish, loves money.. but he's sweet to her. 'Me?' Hidan thought, 'I'm.. good looking. Stupid. An ass. But I love her, and I'll try my best to do good by her..' He thought. "Mira!" He called out as he saw her silhouette but froze. Kakuzu lay on top of her.. and they were kissing.

"Oh.." He whispered. 'I'm too late..' He thought. She chose him. He quietly turned on his heel - he had lost. He saw the passion in the way they kissed, he saw how much they wanted each other. He made his way into the hideout. His expression was cold at first then he thought, 'Maybe.. I should find another girl. A temporary one. Have some fun.. get over her,' He thought. His room was a mess but he was sure he had some spare black pants and a button up he could wear.

He walked into his room and changed. It was easier this way - pretend he was normal, spend the night, then leave in the morning. Then he would be Hidan, part of the Akatsuki once he reached the base again. As he left, Kakuzu and Mira were walking back in. Hidan ignored as Mira greeted him and pushed past. 'Don't be so nice to me after you chose him.. it's not fair. It makes it harder..' He thought. Mira looked hurt as Hidan started running, jumping into the trees and vanishing. "Hida-kun.." She whispered.

~+~

Hidan slid out of the girls bed and pulled on his clothes. It wasn't as good as he thought it would be. It made him feel... dirty. But he needed to forget her. She had made her decision and he made his. As he finished getting his shoes on, he took one look at the sleeping girl that lay naked on the bed and left. He walked through the streets of the small village, looking at the people that were awake at an ungodly hour, eating and dining.. he saw couples on dates. 'That could of been us..'

He grimaced and looked down at the ground, kicking a rock as he walked along the wrong. He wasn't really hungry but he had been at it for hours with that girl. He detoured into a shop and gazed at the menu. They, luckily, had a meat dish. He ordered and paid, sitting down at a booth as he waited. He gazed out the window and looked at the sun that was starting to come up. What was the time? Probably around 6 am.. He was lucky the shop was still open, even though he wasn't hungry it was best that he had something in there.

When the food arrived, he scoffed it down and got up to leave. He'd been gone for almost a day, he should be heading back. But he knew what he would see. Kakuzu and Mira all over each other again. He froze as he got into the street - if that's all he's going back to, why should he go back? Who gives a sh*t if they come after him. At least he could enjoy his last few moments. Have a religious orgy like the rest of the Jishinist freaks. But, he thought back to Mira and found himself hesitating.

That would hurt her more than just a one night stand. To have so many girls having him - no it wouldn't. She has Kakuzu. He found his brain arguing with him, trying to make him give into his urges. He hated it. He looked both downs down the street. Maybe he could stay longer. Try find a girl that could keep up with him and spend a day and night with her then head back. That should clear his mind. He hoped. He made his way through the streets, checking out girls and trying to find one that looked formidable.

One that could take a beating all day and night. Maybe he would treat himself and sacrifice her afterwards. That sounded like fun. In fact, he decided, that's what he would do. Sacrifices made everyone feel better. Well, at least Jashinist's. Hidan chuckled to himself before his eyes focused on a girl with bright red hair. She had big brown eyes. She looked cute at the least. In all his life, he had never had a red head that wasn't wild. He found himself smirking as he made his way over. 'Time to have some fun,' He cackled to himself..