Chapter 16.

Hidan sat under a tree outside the hideout. He felt so shit. The one moment he had alone with Mira it was messed up. Sasori is dead, Kakuzu is an ass who interrupted his one moment with Mira. And he knew he'd be sent on a mission soon- and he had a feeling he wouldn't be coming back. Which is horrible. He needed at least one moment where he could tell her how he felt before he left. Just one moment, just a few minutes where he can hold her and tell her that he loves her. But he knew life wasn't fair.

He gazed up at the sky with a longing expression on his face. This world could be so cruel. He just knew Kakuzu was probably in there, holding her and kissing her. But part of him believed she would never love him. He didn't believe that soul mates exist but what if they did? What if they were soul mates and that's why they struggled to be together? Life was probably testing them to see if they were worthy enough for each other. 'What a load of shit...' Hidan thought. He groaned as he turned over.

"Goddamn it Mira. I love you," He swore to himself. He finally admitted it out loud to himself. It felt so right. He just needed her to hear those words. He sat up and looked at the grass around him. There was one thing he hasn't tried yet and that was actually asking to speak to her alone. "I'm an idiot," he grumbled to himself. He forced himself up, and made his way into the hideout. All he has to do was pull her aside and tell her that he loved her and everything would be right.

As he made his way inside, he found himself running to find her. "Mira! I need to talk to you!" He called out through-out the hideout. But no one responded. "Tobi?" He called, "Where is Mira?" Tobi jumped out of the shadows, "She's with Kakuzu in her room Hidan-Senpai!" He replied before vanishing into the shadows. Hidan made his way to Mira's room. He could hear whispers on the other side and giggles.. and.. and.. was that.. moans? Hidan's heart froze as he busted inside. Hidan watched as Kakuzu sucked on Mira's neck, a hand under her shirt.

Her cheeks were flushed and she was biting her lip. Was.. Kakuzu groping her breasts? Hidan's face went red with anger and embarrassment. Had she lied earlier? It was in that moment that Mira saw Hidan and pushed Kakuzu away but it had been too late. Kakuzu had already defiled her. Hidan forced a smile. "Sorry. I should've knocked. Have fun." And Hidan was gone. Leaving a teary eyed Mira and a smirking Kakuzu.

"Fuck her," Hidan whispered. He stormed out of the hideout and started slashing the trees, screaming in anger. He was screaming every swear he knew. He felt so much anger, he couldn't believe it. She had clearly lied to him. Kakuzu was kissing her neck and groping her- Hidan bet they already f*cked. She probably enjoyed the old man's c*ck. He screamed at he threw his scythe and it cut down multiple trees in one go. He wanted to kill someone. He wanted to kill Kakuzu. He was in love with Mira and Kakuzu stole her away. Hidan had already decided that he would kill Kakuzu during the mission. Hidan threw himself to the ground. He wanted to cry. He never wanted to cry. Mira had messed him up.

He laid on the ground for what seemed like hours, just staring up at the sky. If anyone had walked past, they would have thought he was dead for sure. He just couldn't bring himself to move. He couldn't even think. He didn't want to. He just laid there, watching as the sky became dark. He felt nothing in those few moments. Even as the clouds covered the sky and ran started to pour from the sky. His hair became unstuck by the gel that he coated his hair in. His clothes were soaked. He shut his eyes..

"Why do I love you so much?"

~+~

Mira sat in bed after Hidan had walked in. Kakuzu had asked her to relax, he wanted to make her feel better knowing Sasori had just.. died. He had started by kissing her neck which she enjoyed. Maybe because of her own habits? Who knew. But during it, he slid his hand up her shirt and had started massaging her breasts. She had let him. It felt nice. It helped her relax. But she regretted it. Part of her wanted to get back at Hidan for sleeping around but.. now she regretted it.

She had seen his face. The look in his eyes. Kakuzu had left after, as she had told him to go. Hidan had been missing all afternoon. It was starting to rain. Mira forced herself out of bed and made her way outside. She looked around before she noticed him just laying there. He looked lifeless - unhappy. It broke her heart. She hesitated before walking out and over towards him. He had glanced at her before shutting his eyes and looking up at the sky. "I'm sorry Hidan.." Mira said as she sat down next to him. He said nothing.

She laid down next to him, her head resting next to his. She kept her gaze on his face and watched as he turned to look at her."Before I walked in.. I wanted to tell you something I had realized and I had wanted to say for a long time," He said. His voice sounded drained. Mira smiled softly, "You can tell me now. I told Kakuzu to leave me alone," She whispered, watching him force a smile. "I want to say.." He took a deep breath,

"I love you, Mira."