Chapter 18.

The next few days Hidan and Mira were inseparable. Hidan spent most of his day in her room. Kakuzu didn't speak to Hidan, but would greet Mira when they came into contact. No missions had been made yet but there had been word going around that Hidan and Kakuzu were next to go on one. Mira and Hidan sat on her bed, both eating ramen as they talked. Last few days they couldn't stop talking, always finding something to talk about. It was one of those moments they just sat eating and just smiling softly at each other.

As Hidan finished eating, he put his leftovers into a rubbish bag and watched as Mira finished eating. Mira packed away the rubbish and moved herself next to Hidan, cuddling up to her lover. "You are the best thing that ever happened to me," She whispered softly. Hidan smiled and leaned down, kissing her deeply. "You are the best thing that ever happened to me," He smiled at his love. As they kissed again, Hidan felt a weird throbbing where his heart is. Mira pulled away and looked, surprised as she gazed at his chest. There was a sort of mark where his heart was.

Mira looked at hers and was surprised to see the same mark. "Soul mates?" Hidan joked and Mira grinned, "Yeah. Hidan and Mira forever!" Mira cheered happily. Hidan touched the mark on his chest and rubbed it. "This is strange," Hidan finally said and Mira nodded. Mira brushed her hair behind her ear and placed her hand on his chest and rubbed it with her fingers. "We have been marked," She finally said. "Marked?" He question, looking at his lover. "Yeah, it's hard to explain. We've been marked as eternal partners. I don't know how else to explain it," She blushed.

Hidan's cheeks became a dusty pink after her words.. 'Eternal partners?.. I like it..' He thought. He kissed her quickly before being interrupted. "Pein-sama would like to see you Hidan~!" Tobi said, popping his head inside before vanishing. Hidan already knew. A mission. He knew it would happen soon, especially now that he had Mira. He gave Mira a reassuring smile, "It's probably nothing darling. I'll be back soon love," Hidan kissed her swiftly on the forehead before leaving the room, making his way down the corridor and walking in the room where Pein sat waiting for him.

~+~

Hidan left afterward. They, meaning Hidan and Kakuzu, were supposed to be heading out tomorrow on a mission. Hidan had an aching feeling in his chest. He didn't want to leave Mira. He felt like something bad would happen. He didn't want to tell Mira but he knew he had to. He couldn't just leave and not tell her. He made his way immediately over to her room, softly knocking. He heard hushed voices - Kakuzu had left first so he presumed he was speaking to Mira. It'd be easier on him if Kakuzu told her anyway - as long as he kept his hands to himself.

Hidan walked into the room as Kakuzu was leaving. Hidan watched as Kakuzu shoved past him and stormed down the hall. Mira looked distracted as he gazed at her. "Are you okay? I suppose he told you about the mission. But you look like he might have upset you?" Mira looked up in that moment, "Oh Hida-kun, love. Sorry. Yeah he told me, but he said it would be better for me and him not to talk anymore. Since I'm now dating you.. And he heard us have sex," She admitted. Hidan smirked a little at that, "Sorry. I didn't mean to make you scream so loud," Hidan winked.

Mira laughed at that as she looked up at him. "How long will you be gone for?" She asked. Hidan froze - he honestly had no clue. A part of him was saying never but another part was hoping for only a few days, maybe a week or 2. "Well I would presume a few days, maybe 2 weeks at most. I don't want to be away from you for too long," Mira looked happy at that. "Okay, I love you," She made her way over to Hidan and touched his face.

"I love you too," Hidan whispered before closing the distance and kissing her deeply. Mira pulled him straight to bed, both stripping down to nothing. "Please.. don't ever leave me. I love you," Mira whispered and Hidan replied by gripping her thigh and taking her. "I love you." He moaned.

~+~

Kakuzu stared up at the roof. He could hear Hidan and Mira at it again. Sex addicts... He grimaced. She should have been his. Damn it. What did Hidan have that he didn't? Kakuzu shook the thoughts from his mind. It didn't matter now. He covered his ears with his pillows and shut his eyes tight. 'It isn't fair....' Kakuzu thought to himself before falling asleep.

~+~

Tobi sat with Pein in his office. "Sasori is dead.." Tobi said, his voice deep and different than his usual one. "I am aware... We just have to hope that Hidan and Kakuzu come back successful," Pein replied. Tobi scoffed but agreed, "That is true. I'll pair with Deidara for the time being," Tobi said, standing up. "We will talk again soon Nagato," Tobi said, leaving the room.