Chapter 20.

It took only a few days for Mira to reach the spot where Hidan was buried. There traps which she had Itachi to help her with. She needed to save Hidan then stitch him up before asking Pein if Hidan and her could leave the Akatsuki to have a family. Pein wasn't a horrible person so she was sure he would agree but you never really know. Once the traps were dealt with, it took a while for them to get Hidan out. She already had water and food prepared and stitches. She had to be fast otherwise he could die of thirst or hunger - he wasn't completely immortal yet.

As soon as his body was out, she wiped it down. Hidan kept making silly remarks. She told him as soon as she got his head to shut up so she can concentrate but he kept going on and on about how he was defeated. She looked over at Itachi, rolling her eyes before finishing stitching up the last of his body. "There," She said proudly, watching as Hidan stood up and moved his body around. "Well.. it'll do," He said before grabbing the water and gulping it down.

Mira shook her head at her love, smiling. Hidan started chowing down on the food, "I was so hungry. You guys came at the right time!" Hidan cheered before adding, "Now I can go kill that little brat! Where's Kakuzu?" He asked, standing up. "Hida-kun.. Kakuzu is dead," Mira said. Hidan dropped the skin of water almost immediately. "What? How?" Hidan asked. Mira looked over at Itachi who took over, "Naruto and his team destroyed the hearts," He said plainly. Mira smiled thankfully at Itachi. "Hidan.. I need to tell you something but first, we need to leave the Akatsuki."

Hidan scoffed, "I'm not running," Mira groaned before standing up and grabbing Hidan's hand, placing it on her stomach. "I'm pregnant. And unless you want YOUR child to grow up without a dad - well, I'm sure I could find a replacement," She looked at Itachi, "We are leaving the Akatsuki," Mira said, poking Hidan's chest. Hidan gave a look to Itachi, "You better not have stuck it in her or I'll kill ya," Hidan said before Mira hit his chest. "Baka. I'm pregnant. With. Your. Child," Mira said. Hidan then looked at her with surprise.

"Wait.. We are having a child? Why didn't you just say that!" Hidan said and Mira shook her head. "I did Hidan.." She mumbled. Itachi chuckled, "It's better if you leave the Akatsuki. You'll die if you stay and so will Mira," Itachi interrupted. Mira smiled softly at Itachi before bowing. "We will at least talk to Pein first. I am pregnant, I can't fight. He should understand, I hope," Mira said and Itachi nodded. "Pein isn't a horrible person.. besides it's not him you need to worry about," Itachi muttered. "Anyway, let's go. We need to return as soon as we can," Itachi said.

~+~

It took 2 days to get back but as soon as they walked in, they rushed to Pein's office, causing him to jump. He looked between the two in front of him. "Yes? I thought Hidan was dead," Pein said nonchalantly. "No, just needed some stitching, some water and food and he was fine," Mira grinned. "Anyway, that's not why we're here. Pein.. I'm pregnant," Mira said, stepping forward. Pein nodded his head, "I am aware, is there something you wanted to say?" Pein said, raising an eyebrow. "Uh well.. I can't fight and I don't want Hidan to die fighting.. I want my baby to have a father."

Pein nodded his head, "I understand.. I can't really let you leave.." Pein said and Mira frowned before Pein added, "But if you leave now, I won't come looking for you and neither will the others. If we are successful in our mission though - we will find you," Pein said and Mira smiled at Pein. "Thank you. Thank you so much!" She said before grabbing Hidan's hand and pulling him outside. "Where do we even go? We are known Akatsuki members," Hidan said, pulling away. "We will find a remote village, far far away from here. And we will work hard to create a home for us and our child," Mira said.

Hidan smiled, "You have everything planned out don't you.." Hidan chuckled, "Well, lead the way love."

~+~

It took only 2 months for Mira and Hidan to find a decent enough village that welcomed them - probably because it was now obvious she was with child. Mira and Hidan worked as hard as they could - Mira taking breaks when she could as she was carrying her lovers child. It took a while but they managed to get a house which Hidan was working off. It was given to them as she was pregnant.

As soon as she was 7 months pregnant, Hidan proposed. It was encouraged by the village members but he was happy to do it. Mira had said yes. They had changed their last name - taking on the leader of the villages last name. In return, they would protect the village and keep it safe as they were a family of immortals. It was then that Hidan and Mira had decided to stay in that village and make a name for themselves - a better name.