Chapter 15.

Hidan couldn't stop thinking about what he wanted to do. It was frustrating. Kakuzu hasn't left her side since. But he has seen the looks Mira has been throwing his way - a sad puppy-like look with a longing in her eyes. It made his heart ache. He just wanted to be by her side. He grimaced as he gazed at the wall. It was in that moment that Kakuzu retired to bed. He looked exhausted, "She too much for you old man?" Hidan snickered. Kakuzu just glared before rolling over. It was only a few minutes of silence before Kakuzu was asleep.

'This is the perfect moment,' Hidan thought. He quietly got off the bed and made his way out of the room, intent on speaking to Mira. This was his chance. He finally had the chance to get her all to himself. He made his way to her room and knocked on the door, he heard a quiet, "Come in." He slowly opened the door and he saw a tired Mira laying on her bed. She looked sick. She was pale. "Mira.. are you okay?" He asked, making his way immediately over. Her gaze followed him as he sat next to her.

"I'm so hungry Hida-Kun.." She whispered. Hidan felt confused at that, "Do you want something to eat?" He asked, he saw her cheeks redden. "You're immortal and the most human here.. can I.. can I drink some of your blood?" She asked quietly. Hidan's eyes widened before he slowly nodded his head . 'This is it. I can use my blood to get closer..' She leaned up and caressed his face as she softly kissed his neck before he felt something sharp pierce his neck. He could feel her drinking his blood.

It was incredibly hot if he had to be honest, and he knew she could feel what he felt. He decided to focus on how much he cared for her and the love he felt for her. He hoped that would help. He felt her twitch but she continued drinking. He wrapped his arms around her body, pulling her close. He could feel how cold she was. He found himself smiling as he grip tightened slightly on him. She wanted him as bad as he wanted her. He could feel it as she moved herself into his lap.

It was in those few minutes she stopped. He felt her pull away from his neck and lick the wound. As she pulled herself out of his lap, he reached up and rubbed his neck. He couldn't feel the marks on his skin but they still had a dull ache. "Thank you.." She had a slight blush on her cheeks. Hidan couldn't help the way he smiled. She was so beautiful. "Mira.. I lo-" Hidan was interrupted as the door opened and there stood Tobi, "Sasori-senpai is dead!" He wailed. Mira jumped up, "Sasori? What?" She looked devastated. "I'm sorry Mira-chan.. I know you liked him."

Mira had tears in her eyes. She looked over at Hidan who looked pained. "He was a good guy.." Hidan mumbled as he recalled the advice given to him earlier in the day. He pulled Mira close as Tobi left and held her. "I'm going to miss him," Hidan confided in her. Mira sniffled, "Me too.." She clung tightly onto Hidan. His heart was racing. She was so close. "Why did you sleep with those girls? I thought you cared about me.." Mira finally said after a few minutes of silence. Hidan's heart wrenched.

"I thought you had chosen Kakuzu. You were so close. I.. I was jealous and angry," Hidan admitted, following Sasori's advice while also following his heart. It was the least he could do for Sasori. "Hidan.. I was falling in love with you.." Hidan's heart skipped, he felt happy at those words and then, his heart dropped as she continued, "Then you did that. I don't know if I want you anymore. It hurt's knowing you didn't care enough and did that.. I haven't slept with anyone. Kakuzu.. He's kissed me and I've kissed back but I never went any further with him.." Mira looked up at Hidan.

He looked so distraught. "I.. I know. I'm sorry Mira.. I am. There's something I want to tell you," Hidan said, moving Mira so he could look into her eyes. Mira sat up, looking confused. "Yes?" She questioned. "I.. I care about you. I've told you that. But I never told you how much I care," He admitted. He looked so shy. "I love-" Hidan was cut off again as Kakuzu busted in. "Mira! I heard that Sasori was - oh.. Hidan. Hi," Kakuzu gave Hidan a glare. "Oh for f*ck sake," Hidan swore.

Mira looked confused. "Hidan, you what? What were you going to say?" Mira looked pleading - like she wanted to hear it. "Nothing," Hidan grumbled, standing up. The mood was ruined. Kakuzu was asleep for what? Half an hour? F*cking Tobi. Hidan wanted to punch that guy to death for waking Kakuzu. He almost had Mira. He almost told her how he felt. She would've been his. How he hated Tobi right now. "I'll talk to you later Mira.. I hope," Hidan forced a smile as he left the room swiftly, shoving past Kakuzu. Kakuzu kept a steady glare on Hidan as he left.

As soon as Hidan was gone, Kakuzu swiftly moved to Mira's side, embracing her. Mira let him but couldn't help but stare after Hidan.

'Hidan.. What were you going to say?...'