Chapter 11.

Kuro snuck inside the hideout. He hid in the shadows and made his way to Kuro's room. He had no clue that Itachi, Pein and Tobi had seen him. He was unfamiliar with most jutsus, having lived mostly in exile trying to fine Mira. As he snuck into her room, he was surprised to see her laying passed out on the floor. He could see the blood surrounding her. 'That wasn't suppose to happen,' He thought. He leaned down and brushed her bloodied hair from her face and checked her pulse. She was still breathing.

He dressed her branding in a bandage then picked her up bridal style - unaware of the audience behind him. He got up and turned around, holding her close and almost dropped her as he finally noticed the immense chakra's belonging to the males before him. "And who do you think you are, sneaking into our place and trying to take Mira?" Kakuzu sneered, stepping forward. Kuro watched in horror as his skin broke part and little stitch-cross-tentacles emerged. "What the f*ck.." Kuro whispered, his eyes widening. "What are you?" Kuro dropped Mira as he stepped back. Hidan rushing forward and catching the girl before she hit the ground.

Kakuzu stepped forward, cornering Kuro. "I'm going to make you pay for what you've done.."

~+~

Hidan stepped back, holding Mira close and took her to his room, placing her in his bed. He gazed at her stomach, jumping when Sasori appeared. "Sh*t.." Hidan whispered, glaring at the puppet master. "Relax Hidan, I'm here to assist in removing the mark," Sasori said, sitting down next to Mira and unwrapping the wound. Sasori waved his hand over the wound, whispering words and a green light appearing over his hand - partially healing the wound.

Mira twitched on the bed before her eyes opened. She looked so exhausted. "Sasori.. thank you. I feel so much better now. But it's not just because of the healing.. Kuro.. I can't feel him anymore," Mira looked relieved. Hidan couldn't help the way he smiled as he gazed at Mira. 'She's so beautiful when she's happy..' Hidan thought. Sasori stood up, "You can thank Kakuzu for that. Nobody knows what he did to Kuro but.. what was left was not pretty. We have to clean your room up before you can stay in there," Sasori replied to her.

Hidan's heart dropped in his chest. Kakuzu killed Kuro. Mira must be so thankful to Kakuzu. What if she starts to develop feelings for him because of what he did for her? All Hidan could think about it is that all he's done is be rude.. the nicest thing he did was catch her when Kuro dropped her but Kakuzu.. he killed the man after her. Hidan sighed. 'I'm so.. pathetic,' He thought. "Oh, Kakuzu? I'll have to thank him for that. He saved my life," Hidan flinched at those words. Great, now he's a hero. Girls love heroes.

Mira then turned her gaze to Hidan who looked so depressive. That was so not like Hidan. "Hidan.. are you okay?" Mira asked, before blushing as she remembered. Hidan cared for her. He must have been so worried.. And he was with her the whole time. But Kakuzu killed Kuro. She felt thankful to both of them and felt a warmth in her heart towards them. 'Joys of being human,' She thought, 'I hate being able to care..' She felt torn in that moment. If she had to choose, would she choose Kakuzu or Hidan? She didn't want to choose.

"Yeah, I'm fine," He said quietly. She felt heart broken just watching him. "Hidan, thank you for staying with me. If Kuro had tricked Kakuzu and came for me, you would've been here to protect me," She leaned up and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Thank you." Hidan smiled - he looked happier now. "Yes. I would've torn that bastard apart if he tried to touch you," Hidan replied. His cheeks were dusted with a light pink. It was cute. Sasori cleared his throat, "I think I'll leave now." Sasori turned on his heel, making his way out. "Sasori, thank you!" She called out as he disappeared out the door. It was in that moment that Kakuzu appeared.

"Mira.. you're okay." Kakuzu rushed to her side, practically pushing Hidan out the door. Hidan grimaced as he fell onto his butt. He watched as Kakuzu pulled Mira into a hug. Hidan's heart was aching. 'That ass.. I can't believe I'm competing with him..' Hidan looked away. "I'm so glad. I never want to see you hurt," Hidan listened as Kakuzu tried to woo the girl he loved. It made Hidan feel sick. "Thank you Kakuzu.. I'm glad you were there. I can't imagine what Kuro would have done-" Mira was cut off.

Kakuzu had kissed her.