Chapter 10.

Mira sighed as she played with her hair, she was brushing it. After everything she was exhausted mentally, and physically. She glanced behind her to see Kakuzu sleeping and giggled to herself. It was adorable, really. She turned her gaze back to the mirror and sighed. She liked the way she looked now but she missed her old appearance- the appearance Hidan adored. Mira grimaced at her behaviour and stood up, pulling her hair into a pony tail. Kakuzu groaned and Mira turned her gaze to him, smiling softly as he stretched. He was kinda.. cute.

_+_

Kakuzu sat up and blushed furiously as he saw Mira staring at him. It was very rare that she had such a.. peaceful look on her face. Kakuzu quickly sat up and stretched. Mira giggled, "Sleep well did you," She laughed and Kakuzu smiled softly, "Yes, you were quite cuddly," He turned his face away to look at the door, in an attempt to hide his blush. Kakuzu jumped a little when there was a knock at the door and turned his gaze to Mira who's expression went sour. Kakuzu understood, she was probably worried it was someone she didn't want to see.

Mira walked over to the door and opened it, surprised to see an apologetic Hidan. "Mira.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean what I said. I just couldn't get over what happened before. At that place.." His voice trailed. Mira looked over at Kakuzu looking distraught. "I understand.. It would be hard to really accept. To be fair, you were messed up," Mira admitted, but she still seemed withdrawn. Hidan looked uncomfortable as he looked between Kakuzu and Mira. Had they slept together?

"Yes.. Am I interrupting something?" Hidan asked, his voice a big rough. Mira looked over at Kakuzu again who was watching cautiously. "No, at least.. not yet," Kakuzu said. And the way he said it sounded like he was teasing Hidan, trying to make him mad. Mira was amused by the behavior. "Well, he is right. You didn't interrupt," Mira added on, trying to cool the forming tension between the boys. Hidan had been glaring at Kakuzu until those words had left Mira's lips.

"I see. I'm sorry for what was said. The rest of the guys made me realize and after I ate.. I remembered a bit more. I don't know who that guy was but damn, he had me messed up," Hidan admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. Mira smiled softly at him, finding it charming but strange. Mira then cleared her throat, "I'm sorry to do this but could the both of you perhaps leave me for now? I need some time to be alone. I feel quite tired," Mira attempted to use a kind tone but noticed the venom in her words. A reminder of what she use to be not all that long ago. Kakuzu looked a bit torn at those words but left swiftly. Hidan stayed looking like he wanted to say something else. Mira stared at him, growing annoyed.

"Spit it out Hidan, I don't have all day. I don't feel.. right," Mira said. Hidan made a face before replying, "I.. care about you. If you feel the same, let me know. If you don't, let me know. I don't want to be led on. I know I probably deserve it but please, just let me know Mira. I understand if you don't - I am an asshole. I don't deserve you. I'm sorry for causing you any trouble," Hidan said before leaving swiftly, shutting the door. Mira stared after him confused before she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. She groaned as she placed her hand onto her stomach, feeling her hand get wet. She looked down and saw blood. She rushed to take her shirt off, eyes widening as she she a mark on her stomach. She recognized it. Kuro was coming. He had branded her - he was tracking her. Mira grimaced as she tried to stop the bleeding. Why did this have to happen?

~+~

Kuro carefully treated Tsubaki's wounds. He healed her just enough to bring her back but not enough to wake her. He wanted her to remain in a coma until he had Mira. His plans for the girls were sadistic. A simple ritual and they would both be his slaves for eternity. No one would ever be able to take them from him and that's just what he wanted - Tsubaki and Mira to be his forever. As he finished cleaning her up, he picked up the blade that Tsubaki had stabbed him with. He gazed over it, he could feel some of his power stored within. A sinister grin formed on his face. He could use this to activate the branding on Mira's stomach. He could find her, capture her. This blade would be his beacon.

He walked over to his desk, getting his things ready. He had a sinister look on his face. They would be his.

Kuro started whispering under his breath as he guided the blade along his wrist, letting his blood mix. He could already feel the branding - he could faintly sense her location. He stood up, wrapping his wound and grabbing the blade. He followed the signal - he could feel it pulsing stronger as he got nearer. He trudged through muddy terrains, brushing off bugs as he went. 'Why would such a beauty be in such a disgusting place?' He thought grudgingly to himself.

It was after those thoughts passed that he saw the cabin. A grin swept across his face. She was inside. He could feel her.

"Mira.." He cooed, "You're mine~"