Ryku Kasumi.

A/N: Link to the original posting here with the pictures: https://www.quotev.com/story/1985413/Love-Beneath-The-Land

  Third Person;
Ryku continued running, she had just heard about the Akatsuki's return. Kisame was alive, and she couldn't help herself. She had to see if it was really true. She had told Sakura she would be returning soon enough, she just had to see Kisame for the last time. She wanted him to see her, to adore her. To kiss her like he always has. She looked back to see Kana tight on her trail.
"Go home!" She yelled, but he refused, "No, I'm not going to let you leave our home!" He screamed at her, feeling the tears fall from his eyes. Ryku stopped for a split second before turning back around and picking up her speed. There was no way in hell she was going to miss out on the chance to see Kisame again; from what she had been told, he still looked the same, and so did the others. She wiped her eyes and decided she would have to try and out smart her brother, it would be hard seeing he would be able to smell her scent no matter where she went. It was family traits; she did a few hand signs and dove into the ground and continued her journey underground but not without sending a small plant up to check if she was still be followed - She wasn't. Her brother had given up, but she knew as soon as Kiba found out, he'd take action straight away. He refused to lose her to a shark, not again. Ryku refused to take the chance of Kana still be there so she continued under ground until she ended up in a lake. She was shocked at first but struggled to swim up towards the surface. She had no idea she had gone so deep, she looked around herself while she swam. But she had stopped when she noticed a shimmery light. She knew she would have to get some air soon but the shimmering of the item had intrigued her. She focused her chakra into her legs and swam down, going deeper then she had wanted but as soon as she neared the item, she realized it was a amulet. She didn't know what it was at first she put it on in a rush. The amulet started to glow and her once feet, turned into a tail, she opened her mouth to gasp and realized she could breath. She started to freak out but she kept her cool. She looked around furiously for something, or someone. She wanted answers and they came to her. A bright light shone in a crack not far away, she swam towards it and saw a young girl; probably about 12 years old. The girl looked over and smiled warmly at Ryku.
"Welcome protector," The girl said, "I am Mimiko," Ryku stared at the girl with wonder before finally speaking up.
"I-I'm Ryku," She whispered, looking thoughtfully at Mimiko. Ryku never in her life has she met a mermaid, this was definitely something she never expected.
"I guess you're wondering whats going on. You stumbled upon the Amulet of Ningyo. The protectors of mermaids would wear it; I happen to one of the last mermaids - Your job is to protect me from the Akatsuki, who are now after me. But as soon as they realize you now possess the power of the amulet,t hey aren't going to stop until you join them," She spoke, her voice was so wise. It shocked Ryku a lot, this girl looked so young and yet she was being hunted for her power. And then it hit her, the Akatsuki. Kisame was in the Akatsuki. It had been a dream of Ryku's for a long time to be with Kisame again, the last time they had shared a kiss or even looked at each other was before Kisame had left.
"Kisame," Ryku whispered out loud which caused Mimiko to look at her in wonder.
"Yes, he is apart of the Akatsuki, do you know him?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. She smiled and shook my head.
"I use to know him, but then he joined the Akatsuki. He had changed so much, I don't even know if I can call him a friend or a lover like I use to be able to," whispered, shaking my head as the tears left her eye and became one with lake. Mimiko gave Ryku a warm smile and grasped Ryku's hand and tugged her into the seat next to her. She wrapped her arms around Ryku and gently rubbed Ryku's back.
"It'll be alright Ryku, everything will turn out perfectly. It always does," Mimiko smiled and Ryku found herself smiling back. She gently rubbed her eyes and stared at the mirror in front of them.
"What do we eat down here?" Mimiko grinned and gave her a small wink.
"My bird, Nala will be collecting berries and fruits for us to dine on," She found myself smiling at that. She'd never her my life, eaten seafood or meat. She was very different to most kids which is why Kisame was her only friend. They were both different in a way, and could understand each other.
"Nala should be waiting for us," Mimiko said, and pulled Ryku along with her. As they reached the surface, a bright red bird - A phoenix, landed with a basket containing all kinds of berries and fruits. She grinned and joined Mimiko and ate a few strawberries before they heard a scream not far away.
"Their here," Mimiko said, grabbing Nala who mysteriously turned into a fish and grabbed Ryku's hand, pulling her down.
"We have to go as deep as we can, we can't let them get us," Mimiko said, and Ryku nodded her head, Ryku focused her chakra into her tail and caught up with Mimiko who had slipped through a crack in the ground. Ryku hesitated for a moment before going in.
"We'll be safe here, for now," Mimiko said, resting her body against a boulder. Ryku sighed and peeked through the crack and saw shadows at the top of the water. What are they doing? Ryku thought to herself before she felt the temperature in the water heat up. Ryku knew now, she had to try and cool the water down. Ryku took a deep breath and shut her eyes, doing a few hand signs and focused herself on the water. She was going to protect Mimiko no matter what.