Chapter 9.

I was on my way back to the hideout when I heard noises behind me, I at first thought it was nothing. That I was just hearing things until I heard laughing come from behind me. I once again ignored that, it was probably a bunch of horny drunk males. I was use to them sneaking up behind me. It was disgusting to see them - ones from my village. They recognized me, I knew that but they decided to mock me even though they knew I was a lot stronger than they were and could kill them in a heart beat. Oh how I couldn't wait.
"She's not as smart as I expected a S-rank criminal to be," A males voice said and I frowned turning around, placing my hands on my hip. I didn't care if I was facing a Sennin nor a Kage. I could care less - If anyone said anything about me being stupid or anything about me in particular I would attack. Most of the time they would end up dead, if they were lucky they would end up living. It was a very rare thing. I got in a fighting stance with a smirk on my face, summoning my sword, they gaped at it.
"She's half mermaid!" One of the 5 men yelled, and the others grinned. It was then that I realized they were bounty hunters and after a good bounty. A mermaid, or in other words a protector and a 's-rank criminal'. I wouldn't exactly say I was a criminal though I have killed several. I would prefer a Akatsuki member over being known as a criminal, or a killer. I hadn't noticed one of the guys had jumped me until it was too late, I felt something hard hit the back of my head. I groaned as I hit the ground - my head was pounding uncontrollably.
"I'll get you back for that!" I yelled, doing what Hidan would do. I swung my Tritan around using full force. It sent waves of water and air at the man. I grinned, finding myself getting excited from all the screams of agony. I grinned as blood splattered all over me. I have always been known as a pacifist; I never fought unless I truly had to, I'd always try and reason my way out of it but sometimes people would rather just fight, but man did this feel great.
"Ryku?" Hidan gasped and I looked at him, grinning. My golden eyes even golder than before. It was like looking into a demons soul. My face was emotionless but contained an evil grin.
"What's happened to you," He whispered, more to himself than me. I just smirked at Hidan, taking steps towards him or well, more like gliding towards him. I was getting closer and closer which was freaking him out. The idea of me being like him had never hit him. He never expected me to be a cold hearted killer.
"They jumped me, I was just protecting myself," I smirked at him and he took of running towards the hide-out. Obviously to tell the guys what had just happened. It almost seemed like I had different personality's. It was like I was bipolar- Now that I think about it, me and Tobi were quite a like.
"Oh no you don't," I smirked, teleporting in front of a frantic Hidan. His eyes widened but before I could do anything that could stop him in any way, Itachi popped out of nowhere.
"Whats going on here Hidan. We told you to get Ryku back-" He was cut short as soon as he noticed the blood covering my face and body. My Tritan was covered in blood and remained in my palm.
"Lets get you back and clean you up," Itachi said, Hidan was quiet as he sprinted back to the hide out. He, for once, was desperate to get away from me. I smirked and walked ahead of Itachi while he stayed to examine the bloody mess not far in behind me.
"What happened," He whispered to himself as he looked at me before following behind, trying to comprehend what had happened. He didn't believe I could do it but I was covered in blood, and so was my Tritan, unless me and Hidan had fought and they got in the way. But he doubted that, there was only one thing he could think of at that moment and that was the fact that you had killed those men - those bounty hunters who were just looking for money and another body to return with. I ran into the hideout just in time to hear the end of what Hidan had explained to the guys about what he had seen. My anger started to boil and my eye twitched. The blood on my body had only made me look scarier in Hidan's eyes so he took his chance and sprinted to leader while I just sat in a chair with my arms crossed, mumbling curse words about Hidan ruining my fun. I looked up at the guys to see them staring at me. I frowned and stood up, slamming the door behind me. I was use to the stares- when Kisame had left those stares were the only thing I had gotten all because I had lost it and killed many civilians from another village which was now extinct. It was just a bunch of rubble, nothing more, nothing less. I was honestly of the looks I got from unleashing my power. At least I keep it tucked inside for a long period of time before it slips from my grasp.
"You alright Ryku?" Tobi said, walking out of the shadows that my room held. I frowned at him and turned my attention to him. Everyone else had seen the blood so whats wrong with Tobi seeing.
"I'm fine, just feeling very... powerful," I smirked, I saw a small glimmer in his eye though I couldn't see much I knew he was interested - I had to live at all costs to help him unleash the Jubi.
"I can see that, you should clean yourself up. I want to speak to you when you're done," He smirked and I bowed, walking into my bathroom and getting into the shower. I knew whatever Tobi wanted to talk about involved power, and the future. I stripped down and got into the shower turning the water on and relaxing, enjoying the feeling of water hitting my back and dripping down my back.
"Such power," Tobi muttered to himself, ignoring the presence of Zetsu. He couldn't care less - He wanted my power, now.