Chapter 20.

I collapsed onto my bed, finally finished putting my new clothing away. I stared up at the roof before a knock came from the window. I looked over and saw no other than Kisame himself. I sighed and looked over, he looked upset. Completely upset; it had been a few months since I heard from him. I had out grown everything I bought with Naruto, surprisingly quick. I sat up and moved over to the window, opening it.
"What do you want Kisame!?" I hissed, making sure no one was outside to see this scene. Kisame looked behind him before biting his bottom lip.
"I know I should have visited you later than this but I.. I knew you wouldn't want to see me and I have bad news; Hidan and Kakuzu are dead," He muttered, I felt my heart shatter as the news was finally revealed.
"So, that was Kakuzu's body they were carrying," I whispered, stepping away from the window and letting him climb in, away from the cold wind.
"Oh, so you knew? In a way," Kisame sighed before wrapping his arms around my waist, I struggled against his chest before letting myself relax, Kisame was strong and that I knew pretty well, there was no point in struggling against his chest. I was too small to get away anyway.
"Yeah, I can't believe their dead. Especially my Hida-kun, well of course he's probably still alive but he won't be for long," I sighed, and Kisame grinned at me slightly.
"Do you forgive me?" He whispered, his lips lightly brushing my ear. I looked up at him, and smiled slightly; In a away I didn't forgive him but at the same time I did, it was pretty confusing.
"In a way I do, but at the same time I don't, Kisame you should probably leave now. Tsunade will be coming soon," I sighed, causing Kisame to grunt in disbelief.
"I can't believe you," He muttered, climbing onto the window sill, "I was hoping you would have changed, not be the same heartless girl I tried to show my affection to a few months ago. I would have expected you to show more emotion over Hidan and Kakuzu's death but I guess not," He muttered, jumping out the window. I stood there for a second, taking his words on it. He didn't give me a proper apology nor show any affection if I remember correctly. It's not a memory I like to remember either might I just add. It was just simple,"I'm sorry Ryku, I love you." Sure if I was younger, I would accept the apology but I've grown quite a bit and something so simple just wont do, not any more at least.
"Dinners ready!" Tsunade yelled, causing me to rush into the kitchen and sit down, I watched as she placed a nice delicious meal on the table. I grinned and dug in straight away, causing her to laugh.
"You're so much like Naruto," She smirked, causing me to stop eating and look up at her. I shook my head and continued eating; at least this'll help me get my mind off everything that's been happening; 3 deaths of people that I care deeply for, Sasori, Hidan and Kakuzu. Those poor buggers, I wish I had stopped them but I guess, Lady Chiyo did die as well as Asuma, and Asuma had a child; or at last had impregnated Kurenai.
"Tsunade, how is Kurenai?" I questioned, finally looking up. Tsunade, looked up from her food and gave me a small smile before looking away and staring at the wall for a few seconds.
"She's alright, though I'm sure Asuma's death is tearing her apart inside," She whispered, looking down with sad eyes. I felt my chest tighten as I imagined Kisame dying; the thought itself killed me. Still, I can't help but wonder, why do I still love him?
"It must have hurt you as well when he died," I whispered, not wanting to mention her dead lovers name. She chuckled slightly and smiled at me, giving me the look.
"Lets change subject, how about we go for a walk after dinner?" She asked, causing me to smile and nod my head, enjoying the thought of taking a nice long walk after today, of course my feet are killing me but it would feel great to have the chilly cold air, blowing through my hair.
"Sounds fun but uh, the body. Who is it?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer to it. She looked startled at the question before she quickly covered it up with a laugh.
"Kakuzu; I believe he was in the Akatsuki, Naruto killed him using a move that drained the chakra out of him after they had rid him of 3 hearts of his, I believe. Naruto ended up being hurt quite badly himself," She replied, looking over at me. I stared at her for a second before nodding.
"His partner, Hidan, he's dead as well, right?" I questioned but she shrugged at that, taking a bite of her rice ball.
"I'm not exactly sure seeing as he can't exactly die but without nutrients there's no way he can survive," Tsunade said, looking over at me.
"What did they do to him?" I mumbled, not liking the idea of this conversation but I had to ask, other wise my questions would remain unanswered, like usual.
"Shikamaru had lured him into the forest away from Kakuzu and managed to trick Hidan into doing his sacrifice but instead he ended up destroying one of Kakuzu's hearts. Not long after Shikamaru got him tangled in string attached to a bunch of explosives and Shikamaru blew him to smithereens before burying him in the forbidden forest. Of course he was still alive but we needs nutrients to live so he's most likely going to be dead within a few weeks," She said, looking over at me. I nodded my head with a sigh; the idea of Hidan dead, it hurt in a way seeing as he was like a brother to me. A mean, inconsiderate brother.
"Oh, well at least you don't have to worry any more," I smiled before finishing off my food, as did she. I watched as she picked up our plates and put them in the sink, washing them.
"Let's go for our walk now," She grinned, and I smiled at that as I stood up, following her out the door but not before slipping a coat on and following her along the side walk, taking in the beauty of the sleeping village.