Chapter 22.

"Itachi's dead!?" I screamed at Tsunade, "How!? Who!? This can't be possible! Everyone I once cared about is dying!" I cried out, slamming my fist into the wall, letting the tears fall.
"It isn't fair!" I sobbed, "They- They had so much to live for! They... Oh god, this is too much for me to handle!" I cried, falling to my knees, clutching my face in my hands. Tsunade watched with a look of horror on her face; this is the first time she'd ever seen me break down like this.
"First Sasori had to go, then- then.. Kakuzu and Hidan; they were like my brothers! And Deidara, he.. was my best friend and Itachi. Itachi only wanted to protect Sasuke, to give him a better future! This world.. It's horrible! Pein was right. The only way to stop this war is for us all to die, only then will this world be a better place," I whispered, staring at the ground. Tsunade stood up, her chair hitting the wall. She rushed over to me and grabbed me by the shoulder, turning me around to face her. She brought her hand to my cheek, and slapped me hard across the face.
"Listen to yourself Ryku! You've lost your god damn mind!" She screamed, her eyes watering, "I-I've lost so much as well Ryku, don't you forget that! I've lost more than you know, it hurts! I lost the man I love, my friends, family. How do you think I feel!?" She screamed, tears leaving her eyes, I stared up at her, my heart pounding.
"It hurts me too Ryku! I've spent my whole life losing people that I care about because of these wars, because of the Akatsuki- because of the masked man and Madara! I can't take it either, I'm losing my mind! I have to be strong to, you know? I have to lead this village, I have to protect it and yet, all I want to do is cry. I keep losing people close to me like you do, because of this. You have to be strong Ryku, please. I hate seeing you like this, especially since I've seen you strong for so long. You're like my sister Ryku, seeing you cry kills me. Please, cheer up," Tsunade whispered, calming herself down as she placed a hand on my cheek, giving me a warm smile- a kind gesture that I hadn't seen on her face in quite some time, of course she would smile but not the way she was right now.
"I'm so sorry Tsunade!" I whimpered, wiping my eyes with my hands enclosed into fists. She smiled again and tilted her head to the side, looking like a child, helping another child from the ground and telling the other child not to be afraid, that she wouldn't hurt you. It was a nice feeling, something I hadn't felt in a while but it brought back memories.

~_~

"Get away from me!" I screamed, pushing past the kids who just laughed and continued to taunt me as they pushed me to the ground, kicking and punching as they did so.
"A freak like you doesn't belong in our village!" One shouted, "Yeah, go drown in the sea with all the fish, freak!" Another shouted, causing me to cry out, begging for Kisame, but he was long gone.
"Look at the little baby, crying for her friend, but I guess he left her! Hahaha, she's such a freak! Nobody wants her!" Another kid budded in, shouting his thoughts. I let out a cry as he punched me in the gut and pulled my hair. I noticed in the distance a girl with blonde hair watching with shock clearly written on her face; Tsunade. I remember her, she saved my life and brought me to this village and introduced me to the 3rd Hokage who had offered me a home and a place to stay, but I got lost on my way.
"Leave me alone!" I cried, trying to push them away but they wouldn't budge, they just stayed there, laughing.
"She can't even defend herself! Haha, she's so weak!" One of the boys shouted, laughing as he kicked me in the stomach causing me to cough up blood, the world around me was slowly becoming bleak.
"Leave her alone!" Tsunade yelled, running in to save me. I looked over at the kids who looked like they just pee'd themselves. They took of sprinting while Tsunade rushed over to me and let out a hand for me to grab, she gave me a warm smile and tilted her head to the side.
"Come on Ryku, I won't hurt you! I promise," She smiled, looking like a kid- of course she was in her late 20's. I stared up at her, scared to trust her, I was young and had just been beaten up for being different; at the time, I had scales covering almost half of my body; the lower half. I slowly reached out my hand and placed it in hers, standing up. She smiled at me and took me to a place where she cleaned my wounds and helped heal them.
"See, wasn't so bad was it?" She chuckled, causing me to smile as I looked up at her, I nodded my head and gave her a smile; a rare one. She was my first friend.

~_~

"It's alright Ryku, though please don't go dozing off while I'm trying to help you up!" She laughed, causing me to smile as I finally took it and stood up.
"I apologize it's just, you brought up so many memories with that smile," I blushed, causing her to smile and blush from embarrassment before looking deep in thought.
"Hey, Ryku. Why don't you go to a spa for a few days? You can leave tomorrow, of course I'll send you off to the Mist Village seeing as you were born there, I'm sure you'd like it there," Tsunade smiled, causing me to grin. It's been a while since I've been there, of course back then with my appearance I never got treated well but my scales aren't visible unless I allow them to show.
"That sound's great, I could use it! But, what happens if somebody attacks while I'm gone?" I questioned, worry clear in my voice. She chuckled and shook her head, giving me a bright smile.
"We'll have it under control while you're gone, don't worry! You just need some time to clear your mind and to relax a bit, with all these deaths happening not so far apart from each other, you need it," She smiled, causing me to nod my head.
"Yeah, I guess you're right Tsunade, I'll get packing right away!" I grinned, causing her to chuckle as I sprinted out of her office and into my room where I packed a few tops and bottoms and a few other well needed equipment and materials.