four

Do you believe in true love? ***

***

He took me to what looks like his office. It's a fairly large room, with one huge bay window on the right wall and a fireplace on the left. He has a large mahogany desk and black leather chair behind it. He had two other black leather chairs in front of his desk. Over by the fireplace, there's a black leather couch and a clear glass coffee table.

He goes behind his desk and sits down, placing me on his lap as he begins to work. I'm too scared to move, despite the uncomfortable position he put me in. I guess I'm just going to have to deal with it. How is he even comfortable? He has the weight of a whole human on his leg. I bit my lips and tried to hide my smile when I realize he probably won't be able to feel his feet soon because I'm most likely cutting off his circulation.

My smile disappears, however, when I hear my stomach growl with hunger. I feel my cheeks turn red because if I heard my stomach growl, then he must have heard it too. And I know he did because he looks at me with an amused smile.

"Hungry?" he asks.

I again respond with silence. I am hungry and he knows that I am, but I'm going to say it out loud.

He sighs.

"What would you like to eat?"

I don't say anything, partly because I'm scared and partly because I honestly have no Idea what I want.

"Fine, then starve," he rolls his eyes and starts to work again. I glanced at the papers on his desk and at his lap top. His computer showed an excel page, different numbers in each box. I looked a little closer and realized that dollar sign in front of them and my eyes widened.

That was a lot of money. What does this man do?

My stomach growls again and I have never hated a part of my body more.

"You need to eat," he says, putting his pen down.

I stay silent.

"You're obviously hungry. Just say what you want and I'll order it for you," his voice is deep and makes butterflies go off in my stomach. It was weird because he sounded concerned. I felt my heart go against my mind and slightly warm up to him. Damn that blood organ.

"Chinese," I say quietly and small smile makes its way to his face.

"You don't look like someone that would eat Chinese food," he said looking up the number for the nearest Chinese restaurant.

My curiosity gets the best of me, "Then what do I look like?"

He scoffs and then smiles, "You like a person who only eats lettuce and drinks kombucha,"

I don't say anything because it was partly true. I was a vegetarian and ate salads quite frequently and I also loved kombucha. Some people hated it because it tasted all vinegary but I love it.

He pulls out a notepad, "What do you want there? Here's the menu," he pulled the laptop closer to me and I scan through the items to see if they have what I want and they do.

"Vegetable lo mien and a veggie eggroll," I say quietly and then put the laptop where he previously had it. I watch him as he writes down what I want on the notepad and another order, which I assume is for him.

He calls the place and orders our food. I hope he gets pick up, because if he gets pick up then maybe I can go with him and I can escape.

"I'd like to place an order for carry out," he says to the man on the phone.

Yes! I hide my smile and look down at my lap as he finished ordering.

He stands me up and then gets up from the chair.

"I'll be back soon. Don't think about leaving,"

Before I can get any words out, he left the room. I hear the front door close and I stand there with my mouth wide open. How did I just let that opportunity by? I can still escape though. He can't keep my here forever.

I leave his office and go to the front door but it's locked. I unlocked it and tried to open it but I couldn't. What the heck? How is that even possible? I tried every door and window, but it was no use. I went back up to his office and sat, waiting for him to return with food.

So this is what I've come too.