twenty-five

LMAO anyways stream dynamite by BTS for clear skin

***

I set the table, aggressively setting the plates down, secretly hoping one would break. Maybe I should just throw them at him and perhaps one would knock him out?

I frowned.

But then I'd also have to do that to Devin and part of me would feel bad if I did so. He was growing on me and I couldn't help it. He just seemed so kind and innocent compared to everyone else. Especially Stephen.

I hated eating with him. And now I have to eat with him again.

Was I even supposed to be here? Was I not supposed to be here? I mean, I would assume that the information that they are going to discuss might be quite confidential.

Whatever. Who am I gonna tell right now?

But when I do escape I can warn the police of whatever they are plotting.

I give everyone a serving of lasagna and we all sit down.

"They want more money," Devin says abruptly and Stephen almost chokes on his water.

"What?" he looks at Devin incredulously, "I already paid what they wanted. I refuse to give them more,"

"I know but Kyle-,"

"Fuck Kyle. He has screwed me over to many times," Stephen spits out.

Devin stays quiet and I sip my water. I really wish I had some sweet tea. I feel like tea would be more appropriate for this conversation.

"Maybe you two could just-," Devin starts.

"No," he is cut off by Stephen.

"Talk," Devin finishes.

"No," Stephen says again.

Devin sighs and looks at me just as I am stuffing a huge piece of lettuce from my salad in my mouth. He raises his eyebrows and gestures at Stephen with his eyes.

I swallow my lasagna.

"Maybe you should listen to him," I peep.

"What?" Stephen looks at me semi annoyed.

"Maybe you and Kyle should just talk things out and if he turns out to be a douche then drop him,"

Oh my lord. It was like I was giving guy advice to my friends.

'Men are dogs Bella,' I remember my friend Karen saying that to me.

I smile and Stephen sighs.

"Fine. He can come over tomorrow, but I want you there as well. My place 10 AM."

"I'll let him know," Devin says.

"This is really good Bella," Devin speaks again but with a mouthful of food.

"It really is," Stephen adds.

I smile at Devin, ignoring Stephen and continue eating my meal in silence.

We all finish our lasagna and I take everyone's plate to the sink.

"You wore your swimsuit right?" Stephen asks.

"I brought it with me yeah," Devin replies with a sly smile.

"It is a nice day outside and we need to burn off all the calories,"

'OH MY GOD JUST GO SWIM!' I shout in my head.

"Damn Bella okay," Devin says laughing.

"Did I say that out loud?" I ask.

"Yeah," Stephen laughs.

It's like I'm surrounded by idiot boys. Oh, wait. I am. I really need to get out here. I feel my face turn red and I go back to Stephen's room. I lay on my stomach on the bed.

I hear the door open and Stephen chuckle.

"Why don't you swim with us babydoll. You've been cooped up inside forever,"

This is it. He's trusting me to go back outside. It his with him and another person but it's a start.

"Yeah sure,"

Stephen hands me a swimsuit as I sit up

Once we are both changed we go out to the pool where Devin already is. I giggle at his swimming trunks.

But holy mother of fudge nuggets

But holy mother of fudge nuggets. His abs.

Why do both of these criminals have to be so attractive?