twenty-three

favorite 90s movie?

favorite 90s movie?

***

It was later in the day, and I had just finished making lunch. It was anything special, just a roast beef sandwich. I hesitate before walking to Stephan's office. I don't want to go but I know I have to if I want my plan to work.

Reluctantly, I go up to Stephen's door to tell him it's ready. As I am approaching, I hear him obnoxiously typing on his laptop.

I honestly wonder how his computer isn't broken yet. All he does is bang on it with sausage fingers. What does he even do?

Does he write emails or type more numbers into that excel sheet?

What do people in the mafia do when they aren't mafia-ing other people?

I bring my ear next to the door and try to listen in on what's happening. I can barely make anything out other than his his frustrated sigh and the sound a lap top being slammed shut.

I wonder what's wrong?

The door is opened and my head moves forward, the door no longer supporting it. I bump into Stephan's broad chest and look at him sheepishly.

I'm fucked.

He looms over me and I look into his eyes. Instead of looking mad or angry he just looks...tired.

Stephen looks so tired.

There are dark purple-brown bags under his eyes and his face is droopy. His is expressionless and he doesn't to care that I was eavesdropping. Jesus, what had him so worked up?

"Is everything okay?" I force out.

He exhales, "Yeah, there's just some stuff with Devin,"

I nod, Devin's face popping into my mind. I wonder how he was.

"Remember the meeting on Thursday, a couple days ago?"

I nod my head again. I thought I was supposed to go to that but he ended up going alone. I don't blame him. I would have run for it the minute we were out of the house.

"It went okay but Devin says that there are still some loose ends so he is coming over later today around dinner time,so make enough" he concludes.

I bite my lips, slightly infuriated at the simply demand.

"I just came to tell you that lunch is ready,"

"I'll be down in a minute," he smiles.

Everything seems so normal. It's weird. I don't know how to feel but for some odd reason, I'm kinda happy that I'll get to see Devin again.

***

(Devin is on the cast page in the beginning in case you forgot)

i hope everyone enjoys their break <3

EDIT: the original chapter was only 200 words bruh. This is like 400 but come on 14 y/o you couldn't have added a little more substance???