eleven

"I wonder how you feel when you hear my name"***

***

I quickly retreat back inside the dressing room and shut the door. I carefully take off the lingerie and put my own clothes on. My head starts to hurt and everything seems to be spinning. My breathing becomes short and I lean against the wall. I slowly dropped down and brought my knees to my chest.

I stared blankly at the wall in front of me and began to cry. Why would he make me do that? What did he plan to gain from that? I sit on the floor for a while, sniffling. Soon I decided to stand up.

"Miss? Do you need help?" I hear the lady ask from outside.

"No, I-I'm okay," I reply.

My sniffling continues and I look at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and my nose was red. My face, in general was a little pink. I had never understood how some girls looked pretty when they cried. I looked like a distressed tomato.

I pick up the clothes I tried on and open the door. The lady holds out her hands to take them, not making eye contact with me. I slowly walk over to Stephen who is on his phone. He looks up at me and then stands up. His tall frame towers over me and I feel small and powerless.

Despite all that he's done, I can't deny the aura of authority that surrounds him. His presence demands power. We walk back out to the car in silence.

We drive back to his house and on the ride back, I check the time. It's 5:30. We soon arrive and I get out of the car. Before I can walk inside he picks me up bridal style and carries me inside.

"I can walk, you know," I muttered, crossing my arms.

"You walk too slow and I'm hungry."

I don't respond and just let him carry me to the kitchen. He sets me down and I stand there, not really knowing what to do.

"Uh, do you wanna cook?" Stephen asks.

Wait what? I have to cook for him. I guess the expression on my face gave way to what I was thinking because he adds, "It's just that you're a vegetarian and I don't really know how to cook for one,"

He simply shrugs his shoulders as he finishes and I guess that does make sense.

"I can make dinner," I say. Stephen looks at me and smiles, showing off his pearly whites.

"Okay baby doll, I'll be downstairs in the gym. Call me when it's ready." And then he leaves, but not before placing a kiss on my cheek.

Once he leaves, I open all the cabinets to see what's inside and I'm hoping for something I can poison him with but I can't find anything. Not even soap. The only soap is by the sink and bottle had said it was non-toxic. I clench my fist and walk over to the refrigerator.

There's a raw piece of steak, a bunch of vegetables, and a lot of random sauces. I had never cooked a steak a day in my life, but I guess I could try and maybe even unintentionally poison him.

I did my best to make him steak and mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli. I made myself macaroni and cheese and I also decided to make some cookies.

I would make these all the time at home with my mom during holidays. She loved chocolate with a passion and now I do too. It seemed kind of melodramatic but these cookies are the only thing I have to remember her here.

I made the chocolate cookies and then went downstairs. His house is actually really big and I didn't really know where to go, but I followed the sound of metal clanking and low punching sounds. I find him in the gym, where he said he would be. He's punching a punching bag in only a pair of basketball shorts. His knuckles are taped and his face has a look of pure determination.

This only increases my fear of him, no that I know how strong he really is.

Sweat rolls down his eight-pack and I can't deny that he is a very beautiful man. I clear my throat and his attention turns to me. His breathing is deep and the way he stares at me makes my knees weak.

"Dinner is ready." I squeak out. He gives me a smile before we both walk back to the kitchen.

***
bruh 'thank you, next' by Ariana Grande is a bop idc idc