nine

Song suggestions??? ***

Song suggestions???
***

We walk to his car and I pause before going into the passenger seat. It was the same car he used when he took me and I'd rather not get in again. I stare at the door, doing nothing. I just wanted to procrastinate going in there again. My last experience wasn't as enjoyable.

I could run for it. I could run as fast as I could. I prepare my legs but he walks to my side and stands behind me. He opens the door for me and I reluctantly take a seat. He gets into the driver's side and turns on the car.

We drive in silence and we end up at a very nice looking mall, nicer than the one that I normally went to. I wondered what we were even getting. He exits his side of the car and walks over to mine. He opens my car door and I jump out of the car.

He chuckles at how short I am and send him a small glare when he's not looking. It's not my fault I'm 5'2. We walk into a nice looking store and lady quickly comes to greet us.

"Hello, what can I do for you today?" she smiles.

Stephen whispers something in her ear and she smiles before walking off. He walks to a white couch placed in front of one of the changing rooms. I walk over to him. It's odd that she wasn't completely terrified of him. I would have been. I probably would have peed my pants.

"How comes she wasn't afraid of you?" I asked, taking a seat on the couch. I made sure that there was plenty of room between us.

"She works for me," he said simply and then pulled out his phone.

The lady came back and hands me a pile of clothes. I stand up and look at Stephen.

"Go try them on. You need more clothes at home," he says and shrugs his shoulders.

I follow the lady towards the dressing room and walk in. Before she leaves I call her back to me.

"Can you help me?" I ask.

"Of course I can, I work here," she says jokingly. She closes the door and picks up the first item she sees.

"No," I trail, "I meant can you help me get away,"

Her eyes widen in recognition.

"I'm so scared. Please. I don't know what he wants from me. I just want to go home please," I beg.

"I can't. You know who he is and the only reason I'm working here is that I have to pay off a debt, if I don't or if he finds out I did something to go against him, he'll take everything, he'll kill my family," she sputters and looks down.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could help you. I really do, but I can't risk the safety of my family. I can't,"

The lady rambles on and I realize I can't do this to her because to be honest, if I were in her situation and she was asking for help, as much as I'd hate to admit it, I'd say the same thing she is going on about right now.

"It's fine," I say softly,"thank you, anyway," I give her a warm genuine smile.

She gives me a sad smile and leaves the dressing room. I sigh and lean against the wall. I pick up a dress and look at it. I set it down before taking off my own clothes. I put it on and look at myself in the mirror.

It was red and even though it was a beautiful piece of clothing I didn't like it

It was red and even though it was a beautiful piece of clothing I didn't like it. Perhaps under different circumstances, I would, but I think the neckline is too low for me personally.

A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts.

"Are you ready baby doll?" Stephen asks.

No. I'm not, but I didn't really have much of a choice.