twenty-eight

"i had nothing to do this weekend so i decided to fall in love"

***

When I woke up I was sore. Stephan was nowhere in sight and I assumed he was in his office. I brushed off the ache between my legs and get ready for the day. I showered and got dressed as usual.

In the middle of brushing my hair I heard the bedroom door open and I saw Stephen step in through the mirror.

He gave me a warm smile, that I didn't return and told me that Kyle and Devin were coming over for breakfast in a little bit. I simply nodded my head and resumed getting ready.

When I was finished I went down to the kitchen and mindlessly started making pancakes. My thoughts were jumbled and the soreness between my legs served as a torturous reminder that I had slept with my kidnapper.

I don't remember most of it. I just remember it being slow as Stephen took his time. The front door opened and I heard the voices of Devin and Kyle, helping me remember that I was cooking breakfast.

I looked at the burnt pancaked in the pan and grimaced at it before throwing it out.

I was almost finished when the three mafia men took seats at the table. I piled all the pancakes onto one plate and did the same with eggs and bacon. I set it on the table in front of them after giving them plates and forks.

I didn't even feel like fighting it today.

"I must say, Bella, you look lovely today and you really know how to cook," Kyle winks at me.

"Oh, um thank you," I forced a smile smile and look down at my outfit.

Stephen pulls me on his lap.

"It's delicious baby doll," he mutters and stuffs part of a pancake in his mouth. I mutter and thank you and awkwardly play with my fingers until they are finished and when they are I collect the plates and place them into the sink.

I heard two of them go upstairs and Devin's blond hair catches the corner of my eye.

"Did you need something?" I ask, softly.

He looks down at the plate sympathetically. "I thought I'd help you clean up. I feel kinda bad just watching you do everything."

I chuckle as he awkwardly scratches the back of his head and accept his help. He washes the plates and I dry them. Glancing over at him, my eyes run over his features. He was attractive, just like Stephen and Kyle but there was a warmth to him. He was the only person that had shown me genuine kindness the entire time I have been here.

Devin hands me a plate and his fingers gently graze over mine. My eyes widen and I look at him, biting the inside of my cheek. There is a rosy tint on his cheeks as he mumbles out a sorry and I feel my stomach form a knot.