thirteen

Ik it's short but the original chapter was only 200 words so this is actually sm better lol ***

***

I finish eating my cookie and he has another one. I'm confused at how he can eat so much and still have an eight pack? I guess he works out a lot. I wished I was that fit. Dancing did keep me in shape, but I was still like the Pillsbury dough boy in some places.

I play with my fingers and then I suddenly yawn. I check the time and see it's 9:43. When did it get so late? I feel like I've been in this kitchen for like three hours. I get off his lap and he surprisingly lets me go, but then I feel him follow me.

I don't look back at him and just walk up to his room. I sit on the bed and watch him walk in. He goes into the closet and comes back out in only a pair of sweat pants.

He's hands me a pair of his boxers and one of his undershirts. I slowly take them from his hand and then look up at him.

"I forgot to get to you pajamas and your sweats are still in the wash," he says deeply.

I nod and then go into the bathroom to change. When I'm done I grab my clothes and then put them in the hamper. I go back out to the bedroom and get under the covers. Stephen turns off the lights and gets into bed with me.

I inch away from him, but he doesn't make any move to touch me, which I am grateful for.

I wait until his breathing evens out, so that I know he is asleep. I quickly but silently take a pillow and switch positions with it. I get off the bed and head to the bedroom door. I make sure I pad as quietly as I can, but I end up stepping on a creaky part of the floor.

I turn around to look back at him, but he hasn't moved. Relief runs through me and I go to open the door but his hand slams it back down. I jump from the sudden shock and then turn around to look at him.

"Bed. Now," he commands and walks to the bed with my head down in defeat.

I sadly get back in bed and Stephen does too. This time, he holds me to him. His arm is around my waist, like steel. I hated how it felt. I felt so trapped. There was a lump in my throat and I clenched my jaw.

I will not cry. I will not cry. I refuse to cry.

Why cry when there is literally nothing I can do?

He lets go off me and a small smile forms on my face. Yes! He let me go. Now I can breathe. But then he turns me around to face him and then cuddles me into his chest. I feel him bring his head closer to mine.

"I'm sorry baby doll," he whispers.

He wasn't sorry. His words meant nothing. There were just empty uses of the alphabet. I grit my teeth and let out a shaky breath before falling asleep.